Mobil 1 5W-30/4908 miles/2007 Mazdaspeed3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest report:

MS3UOA6.JPG

My CX7 at 18,000 miles showed similar results using a 6,000 mile OCI. Fe=2,Cr=1,Fe=16, Cu=13 and lead=1. We are using great oils for these engines and I may run out to 7,500 Mi in the future.

You don't much more consistency in results than those.

Iron 'seems' high for only 5k on all runs, but thats just a knee-jerk reaction - I'm sure car will run well for a long time.

I agree with sticing w/what is working, but have you ever thought of trying out another oil?

Your Fe may come down with PP, but I'd argue it's not that high to begin with. Looks like the average Al for these engines is around 3ppm. Give PP or SSO a shot if you're not happy with the results. I think your results are good though.

I don't see any reason to change brands or the OCI at this point, although I might switch to EP for one OCI just to see how it compares.

I have a 2008 MS3 and ran M1 5W/30 for the first 30K miles and then tried one run of Amsoil 5W/30 (not the XL) but now have about 3,500 miles on GC 0W/30. No matter what I just can't seem to push past 5,000 miles before I feel the need to change the oil. I have seen several UOAs on Speed 3s and they all show "high" iron so I consider OP's UOA to be very good.

I have had very good numbers from Pennzoil Platinum in my MazdaSpeed 6. I do plan on giving Mobil 1 0W-30 a try for the next interval for the $10 rebate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back