Mobil 1 0w40 12qt Box Clearance $41.00 wallyworld

wlk

Went looking for QS deal in the store, they had 10w30s but saw this and couldn't pass.
IMG_20240218_122728_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

This is one of a couple of threads on discounted oil at WM.

Are you guys also seeing these prices online (or in app)? I'm not seeing any of these sale prices online, but I don't know if that's because these sales are visible in-store only or if the sales are regional, so the discounts don't exist at my store (i.e., neither in-store nor online).

Along the lines of that question, I am seeing one sale online that I don't think I've seen mentioned here. Do others see that sale online or in-store? Or, again, just a deal in my region only?

Screenshot 2024-02-18 124121.jpg

This is one of a couple of threads on discounted oil at WM.

Are you guys also seeing these prices online (or in app)? I'm not seeing any of these sale prices online, but I don't know if that's because these sales are visible in-store only or if the sales are regional, so the discounts don't exist at my store (i.e., neither in-store nor online).

Along the lines of that question, I am seeing one sale online that I don't think I've seen mentioned here. Do others see that sale online or in-store? Or, again, just a deal in my region only?

View attachment 204257
I have seen that online too.

Is there a trick to seeing the in store price when using the Walmart app? I went today and tried using the app to check prices and all it showed me was the online price when scanning both the product itself and when I was scanning the clearance price tag on the shelf. Tried it multiple times with several different products with the same result.
Current settings are >> signed in to my Walmart account with location services enabled when using the app. I don't have Walmart + and I do not have a payment method linked to my account.

Is there a trick to seeing the in store price when using the Walmart app? I went today and tried using the app to check prices and all it showed me was the online price when scanning both the product itself and when I was scanning the clearance price tag on the shelf. Tried it multiple times with several different products with the same result.
Current settings are >> signed in to my Walmart account with location services enabled when using the app. I don't have Walmart + and I do not have a payment method linked to my account.
It appears some clearance pricing is handled at the store level.

Checked my local Walmart and there were no clearance oils. Sounds like localized clearance going on.
This happened to a me last year when I was at a random Walmart and found 6 qt bottles of Supertech CK-4/SN 15w-40 clearanced for $1.25 each. No real reason for it.

same observation. the walmart app isnt that smart. its only going to do what you observed.

WM has a "formula" for how often they will continue to drop a price on a clearance item, X% additional per week for example. If you can find the dude who runs that area of the store, he/she may work with you on the price or you can perhaps help them determine that they may be in arrears on the discounting schedule and it needs to drop further. They want to get rid of those types of items.

Reactions: wlk
It appears some clearance pricing is handled at the store level.
True, but the "idea" that something at WM needs clearancing seems to happen at a corporate level eg by putting out a new plan-o-gram. This BBS moderation, at times, desires repeatability across the many stores of a chain but in this example I've found both oil for sale at OPs price and empty shelf tags indicating I just missed it. Knowing it's happening allows readers to keep their ears to the ground and be the first in the know, so, thanks OP.

True, but the "idea" that something at WM needs clearancing seems to happen at a corporate level eg by putting out a new plan-o-gram. This BBS moderation, at times, desires repeatability across the many stores of a chain but in this example I've found both oil for sale at OPs price and empty shelf tags indicating I just missed it. Knowing it's happening allows readers to keep their ears to the ground and be the first in the know, so, thanks OP.
I don't disagree. I was more speculating that WM-Corp pushes all the product to be clearance down to the store level and then yellow-stickers it there, rather than marking it down online - a platform that tracks to other online marketplaces. I didn't mean to say individual stores are randomly selecting products to go.

I posted on Friday when I saw the current markdowns. I scored some T5 and 75w-140, both of which I needed. I listed probably a dozen items and had pictures. Saw it at two stores. Mods pulled my post and gave me a warning since it was a local deal. Now there are six threads about clearance items at walmart.

Back