MMO & Oil Colour Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC

I just need to find a Canadian supply or load up when I'm south of the border.
grin2.gif

I have a stash of MMO whenever I go across the border...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have added the standard amount to the fuel for a few tanks and experimented with adding more and less over a couple tanks of fuel and watching the mileage difference recorded on my Scan-Gauge and it doesn't really move much that I couldn't write off as slightly different driving that tank etc.

Now completely without the additive versus with it and there is a 50-75 KM / Tank difference in mileage that I can repeat religiously.

I'm happy with how quiet the engine/injectors are and the response from the acceleration so I think I'm going to stick with it.

I just need to find a Canadian supply or load up when I'm south of the border.
grin2.gif

I have now about a 30 quart stash of MMO. I have used it in the gas for more years than I can remember. Maybe it does change the color of the oil when added to gas, funny thing is I never noticed, maybe because I've used it for so long. It does change the color of the oil shortly after it is added to the oil, I believe that is junk it is breaking down. In my case I think its varnish because it turns the oil more of a brown color. I seriously doubt it is sludge, I don't think of have any of that. For the price Walmart sells a quart for it pays to give it a try.

Modern Pennzoil Marine tcw3 is much better - use only 1/4 of the amount, so much cheaper, and it is designed to go into the combustion chamber. I found a real good sale online for a case of the semi synthetic for 32$ 12 quarts of Pennzoil Premium Plus, enough to last for years and years and years - 25ml per 15 litres:
600:1 ratio. The engine runs quieter smoother and with more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back