Mixing synthetic\synthetic blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Motorcraft synthetic blend and full synthetic have similar additive packs (only in different porportions)? Is it o.k. to mix the two? Was discussing this with a co-worker today. Last oil change, I used two quarts MC 5W/30 full synthetic and three quarts of MC 5W/20 synthetic blend bulk.

I understand that different brands use different additives that can clash. I was figuring that since both are Motorcraft, I should be safe.

If you mix 2 quarts MC 5W30 full synthetic and 3 quarts of MC 5W20 synthetic blend then you have something better than a blend but not quite as good as a full syn. Are you going to use this super-blend for 7-8k miles OCI ?

Use is in a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado with 2.5 inline 4. Will use in my Grand Caravan (3.8 V6) on its next oil change. In the Colorado, I will go by the Oil Life Monitor or 6 months (which ever comes first).

In the Grand Caravan 6k-8k miles or every six months. In the Colorado, I envision a twice a year oil change (based on my mileage). Once in October to get me through the winter and once in April for spring/summer duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back