Mixing Mobil 1 with Redline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see that adding something like Schaeffer's Moly would upset the additive chemistry.

I would certainly like to know what the penetro stuff is. It may be (I'm guessing here)
one of the newer esters (such as methylacrylate olefin-coplolymer) that is used as a Friction Modifier and has a plating action, except instead of depositing a metallic component, it depsosits almost non-shearable molecules in the asperities of metal surfaces.

I honestly don't know what penetro is.

I can tell you though, we have a penetro spray can lubricant like pb blaster or wd40, and on the timken, when you spray that stuff on there, it plates up like right now and I can get the biggest bubba 300+lbs and he can lay on that handle and it wont break a sweat and just keeps spinning .

I'm sure it's not the exact same thing in the oil but if it's anything like that, I can see why it does as well as it does.

did you try the SynPower and MaxLife combo? My Maxima has been using up a fair amount of AMSoil so I was thinking about doing that combo (3 syn & 2 max) on the next change. Thanks.

Dude....the original thread is 7 years old! It isn't realtive anymore - the latest M1 formulation uses about 80-100ppm of moly in it!

Hey at least it looks like he tried to actually search for his own answers first! Must have done a lot of searching to dig this up.

I wonder what BOBISTHEOILGUY would think about this place today.... UOAs mean nothing, Mobil 1 is now the faultless oil god, cheapest oil reigns, ARX for brand new vehicles "to remove casting debris"... what's next FRAM will become the ultimate filter value
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Max_Wander
UOAs mean nothing

A few ppm of wear metals in a UOA can mean nothing, but I haven't seen anyone claim that UOAs mean nothing.

It has been done many many many times before. Their used to be about 3-5 guys on here that regular added 1 bottle to 4 quarts of M1. I do not recall if it did much or not. I know I remember it not doing any harm so go for it. The only way to know for sure is to give it a try. I think 1 quart to 3 quart M1 would work great. If I might make a recommendation try 3 quarts M1 0W40+ 1 quart Redline 0W40 and do a UOA on it after 2-3 OCI's with this combo and lets see what we see.

I do not think it will be a waste of money at all I just do not know how much of it you will have to add to make a noticable shift in the UOA results.

Originally Posted By: alfieonline
did you try the SynPower and MaxLife combo? My Maxima has been using up a fair amount of AMSoil so I was thinking about doing that combo (3 syn & 2 max) on the next change. Thanks.

I'm going to change oil in '00 E430 very soon, in about 1-2 weeks. I'm thinking about using 6-7 quarts SynPower and 1.5 quarts MaxLife full synthetic plus 8 oz VSOT (Valvoline Synpower Oil Treatment).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back