Mixing Group III and IV oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

par

What would be the benefit (if any) of mixing say 3 qts of a group III synthetic oil two quarts of Mobile 1 to make up 5 quarts.

I have both Group III and Group IV and was thinking about the possibility of mixing them.

Thanks

I am not sure there are any, but it would help to know what Group III oil you are talking about mixing with M1.

(Of course, if you are talking about Syntec then you will only be IMPROVING the M1!
grin.gif
[The script says, "Now sit back and wait to get jumped by all the BITOG members saying, 'Are you crazy?'"])

[ October 15, 2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

stick with one brand of oil, and stay with the group 4. Group 3 oils are a waste of money, they should be priced at 2.50 or 2.00 instaed of 4.00 for marketing them as a(heres the big word) "synthetic." Stick with mobil 1, hands down!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by par:
What would be the benefit (if any) of mixing say 3 qts of a group III synthetic oil two quarts of Mobile 1 to make up 5 quarts.

I have both Group III and Group IV and was thinking about the possibility of mixing them.

Thanks

No advantage and a possible disadvantage. When products with different additive packages are mixed, the result is likely to be not as good as either alone. You can be sure that oils made from Gr-III will have a different add pack than oils made from Gr-IV.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back