Mixing 0w30 with full synthetic safe?

You can, but why would want you to mix an approved (I assume)
oil with some non-approved oil? Oil is cheap, you're engine isn't.
I’m trying to fix an oil consumption problem so I’m just looking for an oil that may be better than what VW gives me. Not sure if it’s a turbo seal or ring problem. At this point I’m not doing any changes just trying to pinpoint.

Which moderate power density engine will have increased wear or destroy itself on a quality synthetic oil with mid 3 hths and a kv100 over 11? Let's get practical here.

I am more curious concerning the 10W30 "full synthetic" already in the sump and .... where does the O.P reside?

How is your PCV?
If you are losing a quart every 300mls, only thing that will prevent consumption is if you pour fresh lava from some active volcano.
You have mechanical problem and you need to address that.
Volkswagen so far just shrug their shoulders when I take it in. I’ve had the pcv valve replaced still burning oil.
I’m going to call them today and Ask one more time if they can give me a plan of action before I look for an VW auto mechanic in San Diego.

Which moderate power density engine will have increased wear or destroy itself on a quality synthetic oil with mid 3 hths and a kv100 over 11? Let's get practical here.

I am more curious concerning the 10W30 "full synthetic" already in the sump and .... where does the O.P reside?
You’ve lost me sir.

It was a general comment to the forum before you told us about the oil usage.

Did the VW dealer install the 10W30? I am not aware of a spec 10W30 oil for that vehicle. Where did you get the 10W30 and what is it?
Yes, 10w 30 is what they put in it. I was told that’s what they use

Back