Mix Mobil DriverClean and Drive Clean Blend???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the additive packages compatible?

I realize there is little advantage to mixing these two. I am only asking because I have 2 qts of Drive Clean Blend leftover. From this forum, I have learned that the blend really isn't a good value.

I'd like to "use up" this oil, and I was wondering if I'd be OK to mix it with dino Drive Clean, rather than spend $2.38/Qt. on the blend.

Opinions?

Actually that may not be the correct conclusion. The blend probably is somewhat optimized with additives considering the PAO in the brew. I guess what I am saying is that on a straight dollar value you could be better off by mixing say a quart of mobil 1 with the 4 quarts of Drive clean. But the final result will probably not be as good. You could mix or go with 2 more quarts or whatever. If you are going to change at 3K then I would suggest just adding 2 quarts of Drive Clean. If you are going beyond say 4K miles than you might want to go with all blend.

Please note that my suggestions are based on sheer speculation.

quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
Are the additive packages compatible?

I realize there is little advantage to mixing these two. I am only asking because I have 2 qts of Drive Clean Blend leftover. From this forum, I have learned that the blend really isn't a good value.

I'd like to "use up" this oil, and I was wondering if I'd be OK to mix it with dino Drive Clean, rather than spend $2.38/Qt. on the blend.

Opinions?

Here are my thoughts. I do not know who " Taught " you the Drive Clean Blend is not a good value but when you look at the rising cost of single quarts of some of the popular but some of the what I consider lack luster OTC dinos talked about here and that they are nearing 2 bucks a quart the Blend is a pretty good deal. If you have a 5 quart motor it will only cost you another 3 bucks or so to get all Drive Clean Blend in the motor instead of mixing. This oil is usually on sale at Walmart for 1.97 and even the small amount of PAO used really makes a difference in cold weather performance and I would assume the same for warmer driving.

I saw this Mobil Blend smoke Pennzoil and Castrol GTX through analysis at around 5-6k miles in not the same car but same motor design,,if I can find it again I will place them in your PM box or post in this thread

I'd be interested in seeing that analysis.

I thought I remember reading that the small amout of PAO wasn't wirth the cost.

I see your point... I'll just grab a few more quarts of the blend and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back