Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me–but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss Me–But Let me Go!​

This is not a poem but can also help with grief...

When I die bury me face down
So everyone can kiss my keister..
Jeepers! Got some anger cooking in there kp?

Let me tee this up for you and see if you got the right stuff:

So if you were to be cremated, what would everyone do then?!

I want to be cremated, and give my ashes to my motorcycle riding buddies to scatter in nice places. They can even pour me in the exhaust and blow me out if they want

Rod

I’ve often wondered what makes people turn to cremation. My gf did my neighbor’s will for her and she wants to be cremated. To me, it seems more natural to just return “naturally” back to the earth. I asked my gf about cremation and she said Catholics do not favor cremation because they believe in resurrection of the body after death. They follow the custom of burying the dead, as Jesus Christ was buried in a tomb.

I find it a very interesting topic.

I’ve often wondered what makes people turn to cremation. My gf did my neighbor’s will for her and she wants to be cremated. To me, it seems more natural to just return “naturally” back to the earth. I asked my gf about cremation and she said Catholics do not favor cremation because they believe in resurrection of the body after death. They follow the custom of burying the dead, as Jesus Christ was buried in a tomb.

I'm Catholic and that's the first time hearing about that. :unsure:

I think the Catholic Church got past the cremation no-no decades ago. And I hope whoever winds up with my ashes doesn't pay some funeral home $$ to inter the ashes. Just go out there at night and dump them on the grave. Be spread over a quarter section of corn or beans by morning.Why do human ashes have to be interred in a vault? I'll tell you why. The funeral homes have a strong lobby with the legislature and write the requirements. There's big profit in those little concrete boxes.

I’m an atheist/anti-theist - don’t really care what happens to my body after the lights go out but someone has to do something with it so cremation seems to be the most pragmatic.

Back