Mirrored Window Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of getting some Mirrored Window Film for my enclosed porch. The sliding door is double paned and moisture got into it and dried...looks aweful. Anyway I'd like to hide it with some Mirrored Film. Question is: What's the difference between the Black/Silver and just Silver?

https://www.amazon.com/KESPEN-Privacy-Removable-Control-Black-Silver/dp/B07F33PWCV/ref=sr_1_13?crid=YMIKPUDTZ3N9&keywords=mirror+window+films+for+glass&qid=1566750757&s=gateway&sprefix=mirrorwindow+film%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-13

I have a house with reflective tint on the windows. If this film has similar properties you may want to consider the possibility of birds flying into the windows.

Most film is put on the inside. If you're putting this on the outside of the slider (correctly) the mirror will be facing in. Can you install it *backwards* mirror out to hide the flaw?

I recently installed a mirror film from Home Depot that's called a titanium finish and notice that under certain light conditions you can't tell it's mirrored. For sure when it's lighter in the room than outside the mirror effect is invisible.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Can you install it *backwards* mirror out to hide the flaw?

That's what I plan on doing otherwise the flaw will show.

Originally Posted by Warstud
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Can you install it *backwards* mirror out to hide the flaw?

That's what I plan on doing otherwise the flaw will show.

Figured that. Hope the mirror side isn't fragile. FYI this film is soft and scratches pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back