Milk Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again and do any of you gentlemen and ladies still get your milk delivered from a dairy close or near you? I do, place is called Brunton's Dairy in Hopewell TWP PA. I pay for 1whole gallon of 2% like $7.00.

thanks in advance and looking forward to the replies,

Adam

Closest I can come is getting it in reusable glass bottles from "Smiling Hill Farm and Dairy" near my work. But I have to go get it. Deposit on the bottles is a couple bucks per bottle!

How often does it get delivered?

We don't consume enough and whatever we do consume is at random intervals, so having it delivered on schedule just would not work, but I think Oberweiss does deliver in my area.

Also, I'm trying to switch to non-dairy milk. I tried the unsweetened almond milk, and hated it, but apparently the vanilla one tastes better, so I will try that next.

My milk is delivered on Mondays, rain, snow, shine, meteorites be darnes. Even if monday is holiday, it gets to my front porch. I put the envelope with the money under my one lawn chair also and the delivery guy knows me and my neighbors.

adam

Wow, I though milk delivery stopped in the whole Pittsburgh area something like 45 years ago. I would not have guessed that anywhere that close still had a company that did that.

Yes sir JimPghPA, here in my county, BRUNTON'S DAIRY has been delivering since what 1962. Any of our Canadian, ENGLISH members get their milk delivered?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Deposit on the bottles is a couple bucks per bottle!

Out here, the deposit is $1.50 per half-gallon bottle.

I just checked Oberweis delivery pricing... it's $3.49 per half-gallon bottle plus $2.99 flat delivery charge per delivery, plus bottle deposit of course. Their milk tastes a lot better than generic milk in plastic jugs though.

But like you, I just pick up a bottle when I need it whenever I'm out grocery shopping. No point paying for delivery.

Originally Posted By: shell_user
Any of our Canadian, ENGLISH members get their milk delivered?

I don't, but I think it still is available, at least spottily. One of my neighbours is a milk man.

Hello, Ideal Farms-The Dairy with Cows ℠ was our delivered milk into the mid 1960's. If one goes to North Haledon, NJ today he'd find houses built in the mid 1960's. Seriously, there was a spate of radio commercials from NYC stations about 6 years ago offering routes to aspiring milkmen. I wonder where those dairies were? Kira

Originally Posted By: Chris142
No delivery here. I thought milk delivery was A thing of the past. Heck I don't know where the nearest cow would be.

It's so hot there they'd deliver evaporated milk
crackmeup2.gif

No milk delivery here either.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
How often does it get delivered?

We don't consume enough and whatever we do consume is at random intervals, so having it delivered on schedule just would not work, but I think Oberweiss does deliver in my area.

Also, I'm trying to switch to non-dairy milk. I tried the unsweetened almond milk, and hated it, but apparently the vanilla one tastes better, so I will try that next.

Same here. It's usually take us 10-15 days to use up 1 gallon full flavor with vitamin D, sometimes as little as 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back