Miles, miles and more miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What vehicles have you driven past 200,000 miles?

Make, Model, Engine, Oil Used, Any major repairs?

Anything else relevant.

Pictures would be good too if you have them.

Just curious.

I drove a plethora of vehicles up until I bought my first new vehicle which was the 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe in my signature.

It had a 2.7L V6 and died from a broken Camshaft at 300,000 miles. (535K KM) Had the original transmission and I would still be driving it today otherwise.

It had a diet of mainly Amsoil SSO for most of its life in the engine and Amsoil in the transmission but I did try M1 and Renewable Lubricants for a short while early in its life.

This is the engine bay of a similar vehicle to mine. (Can't find an actual photo)

Last edited:
1988 Crown Vic 212K miles when orig. transmission gave out. My mechanic loved getting the car for free. Replaced the trans and drove it for years.

1997 Lincoln Continental 232K miles. Engine went out, probably a failed water pump. It was pretty rusty underneath and needed work on nearly everything. Both of these cars got to 200K+ miles on original drive trains.

I will never get to 200K again as I don't drive enough anymore. And I don't plan to take my current car to age 34 to get there. My current DD is 16 yrs old, while both of those 200K mile cars didn't get past age 12.

My grandfather had an 80's Crown Vic and he put 200,000km on it and then my uncle got it and drove it almost to 500,000km. It to had a transmission rebuild and the Carburettor overhauled a couple of times. It was super comfortable and drove really nicely on long trips to the cottage.

I used to always ask to go with them in their car when the whole family would drive up north.

Last edited:
My daily driver is a 2006 Acura TSX that I've had since '08 when I bought it with 10k miles. It has 225k on it with the most major repair being the steering rack at 100k.

It has the K24A2 and 6 speed manual. I change the oil when the dash tells me. Transmission gets a drain and fill ~60k.

It will need some A/C work before next summer.

Pic is from two years ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cpayne5
My daily driver is a 2006 Acura TSX that I've had since '08 when I bought it with 10k miles. It has 225k on it with the most major repair being the steering rack at 100k.

It will need some A/C work before next summer.

Pic is from two years ago.

thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Multiple w123 MB diesels, all on a mix of 15w-40 and then 5w-40 oils.
One w210 MB diesel, on rotella syn 5w-40 in most later years.
One Toyota previa, mostly 10w-30, first dealer (tgmo) then Mobil1.

Hit high 180ks on an Acura integra (Mobil1 and pennzoil 5w-30 syn oils), and on a BMW 318i (initially 15w-50 syn, then 5w-40).

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I drove a plethora of vehicles up until I bought my first new vehicle which was the 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe in my signature.

It had a 2.7L V6 and died from a broken Camshaft at 300,000 miles. (535K KM) Had the original transmission and I would still be driving it today otherwise.

It had a diet of mainly Amsoil SSO for most of its life in the engine and Amsoil in the transmission but I did try M1 and Renewable Lubricants for a short while early in its life.

This is the engine bay of a similar vehicle to mine. (Can't find an actual photo)

Why would u put those bull bars on that car? Were u expecting to go up against a t-rex in a Santa Fe? Did u pay extra to have them fab the Santa Fe logo on there?

lol I just realized whoever fab'd it for u spelled Santa Fe wrong with an extra e at the end.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jj51702

Why would u put those bull bars on that car? Were u expecting to go up against a t-rex in a Santa Fe? Did u pay extra to have them fab the Santa Fe logo on there?

lol I just realized whoever fab'd it for u spelled Santa Fe wrong with an extra e at the end.

Because I was living in an area with lots of deer and had hit a deer with my Ford Tempo (Previous car to this one) and I thought this would at least give the the vehicle a chance to survive if I hit another one.

The Tempo was written off and I spent 2 days in hospital when that happened because I ended up spinning out, landed in the ditch upside down and blacked out. Next thing I knew I woke up in the Ambulance on the way to the hospital.

They were strong bars mounted to the frame. So much so when I got rear ended in this vehicle at 80km/hr and I ran into a Caravan the bars bent slightly and the end of the Caravan I hit was destroyed. My airbags went off but there was barely any damage to the front of the vehicle. The back bumper was a write off along with the exhaust and the spare tire dropped onto the road. They fixed it because it had low miles at the time and a car loan left.
wink.gif

Last edited:

Because I was living in an area with lots of deer and had hit a deer with my Ford Tempo (Previous car to this one) and I thought this would at least give the the vehicle a chance to survive if I hit another one.

They were strong bars mounted to the frame. So much so when I got rear ended in this vehicle at 80km/hr and I ran into a Caravan the bars bent slightly and the end of the Caravan I hit was destroyed.
wink.gif

The Tempo was written off and I spent 2 days in hospital when that happened because I ended up spinning out, landed in the ditch upside down and blacked out. Next thing I knew I woke up in the Ambulance on the way to the hospital.

That sounds like a reasonable explanation.

But please tell me, did they add an extra e making it a "santa fee?"

Don't charge Santa a fee in ur Santa fee

LOL, I actually negotiated this brush-guard for free when I bought the vehicle. So no fee for Santa!
lol.gif

Last edited:
All the company vehicles were over 200,000 miles ,not including the class 8 vehicles those things were run all day.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
It's getting there!

I've taken a cabriolet to 460k and a 750i to 390k.

What is the make/model of this vehicle that is getting there?

2003 Porsche Carrera. Picked it up to use as my daily earlier this year.

01.gif

I was wondering what car this cluster was in. Good ol germans with their fractions on the fuel gauge lol.

An 86 Buick Century wagon, with the 3.8 liter. 230,000 or so. Fixed a lot of stuff, but threw in the towel when the gas tank rusted out and started to leak at the seam. Also an 89 Camry, 246,000 miles. My son had it at the end and saw that the frame looked really rusted. Someone else wanted to buy it even then. Sorry no pictures anymore.

I drove my Integra from 120k to 217k. It still ran fine when I sold it, but I had a lot of rust related issues that I was tired of fighting (rusted through brake lines, rusted through gas tank/lines, etc.). No major repairs otherwise. Everything still worked aside from the power antenna.

I got my Accord at 571k and it now has 591k. When I purchased it, it needed a lot of suspension repairs. I ended up replacing the front lower balljoints, all 4 struts/springs (though the front ones were fine, I figured it was a matter of time as the back ones were shot), the rear brake pads/rotors and the front rotors were warped. I also replaced the battery, tires, front o2 sensor, pcv valve, and did an ATF drain/refill. It should be good to go for a while. I had CV axle snap on me unexpectedly while out of town with no warning. The metal actually snapped right in half, the boots were still fine and never made any noise. I believe rust weakened it even though it visibly looked fine when I had looked at it prior. It's running and driving fine and has had no real issues aside from the CV axle after completing all of the initial repairs when I first bought it. The car has the original transmission and engine and neither have been rebuilt. Everything still works (AC, heated mirrors, heater power seats, 6 CD changer, etc.). All original body panels and paint. It even has the original windshield.

I was wondering what car this cluster was in. Good ol germans with their fractions on the fuel gauge lol.

Right? I love how it says "4/4" instead of just "1."

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back