Miles, miles and more miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Nissan Altima 3.5 has 207k miles now
smile.gif

My Nissan Sentra had 242k miles on it.

i drive a lot for my job and this is the last pic of the odo before the cluster went out--i have a mileage log for work and know she went over 500k miles original motor and auto trans

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

I got my Accord at 571k and it now has 591k. The car has the original transmission and engine and neither have been rebuilt.

How do you know neither has been replaced, Not saying it's impossible.....Just curious.

very possible with those f-series motors. only reason i got rid of mine was because of a slight hg leak and it was pushing coolant

2005 Legacy GT (turbo) wagon with 5 speed manual.

Major repairs were burned valve at 170k leading to major engine work(motor removed) including valve job but a bunch of maintenance performed. It also had a failed steering rack at 200k.

It currently has 230k miles on original turbo. We change the oil every 4-5k mile with convential 5w30 since brand new. Since the failure at 170k we have only changed the engine oil. No maintenance performed otherwise.

96 grand marquis - bought at 134k miles in 06, sold at 257k in 2015. Replaced one alternator ($40 salvage), starter (and battery wire lug) repaired, basically replaced everything on the front end at some point, a couple pitman arms and idler arms, a couple batteries, chopped out second bank cats when they rusted out along with y pipe flanges (sounded awesome after) and the most expensive repair was an oil pan at $650. The low pressure line to the evaporator may or may not have been patched with a chunk of heater hose and a bunch of hose clamps at one point and then just never fixed properly. 3 days is the longest length of time it was ever off the road the entire time I owned it.

I miss that car, but my neighbors don't. It was big loud and ugly - just like me. The only real reason I sold it was because I needed the money to buy tires for my new car. The fact that it left a perpetual oil stain on my driveway that was visible from google earth was a close second.

1995 Mercury Villager. 210,000, all on Rotella 10w30. Original trans, a couple of fluid changes. 5 sets of tires, a few brake jobs. One drivers side half shaft and CV joints.
The exhaust rotted out, a universal cat and OEM catback was installed at a local stuff a muff joint. It ate LH taillights for some reason, too many bulbs to count. Still ran well at trade in, the joint venture between Ford and Nissan was pretty good for owners.

Last edited:
The Mazda in my signature below. No oil-related wear issues or failures unless you count leaky seals. Conventional 10W-40 changed about every 6K, and oil filter every 3rd oil change. Air filter about every 100K, on average. Ran as well as ever to the end.

My brother has taken both a '95 Avalon and an '84 Jetta past 330K with no oil-related issues in either. The Avalon is still going. Plus a couple of Camrys well over 200K.

03 Mini Cooper 175k miles before crashing it

98 Geo metro I still own has 212k miles

multiple honda insights with over 200k miles

08 prius with 250k that the wife wrecked and we sold

97 toyota t100 currently own with 243k miles

04 toyota sienna with 281k miles and running amazingly, plan to keep it for another 7 or more years and we will upgrade to a hybrid sienna eventually (if they ever come out with one.) Wife wants a lot of kids
wink.gif

My first car was this grey 1988 BMW 528e. Was told it had over 200k on it before the odometer went out the first time, the second time at about 87k all prior to buying it. I never fixed the odometer gears and drove it for a little over 5 years. I had to have pushed it to 400k or above running only Castrol GTX 20w50 and orange can fram filters

Current daily for me is this 1987 535is I've run GTX, Mobil, Pennzoil, Rotella, and DELO (current). Ran it with a broken odometer for about 2 years, fixed it at least 10 months ago and now have it at about 248,890. Nearly 11,000 in that timespan
shocked.gif
I literally just calculated that...that can't be right. I swear the ODO isn't that fast! Big repairs were timing chain, switching to coilovers, and AC compressor with R134 conversion

My Camry has 227k miles, I bought it with 194k though so not all of the miles are mine.

Fuel pump plastic leaked so I got a junk yard one. Cam seal leaked so my mechanic replaced it. Rubber air intake hose dry rotted from heat so I replaced it. That's all that's really gone bad on it. I had my mechanic do the front wheel bearings cause one was a little noisy. While the knuckles were off the ball joint boots were starting to tear, might as well replace. It's been a great car, has been hibernating since February
frown.gif

It was totaled in February 2016, I bolted on a junk yard brake light and she was good to go!

Here's a picture of when it was "pretty", then what the corner looks like now after the accident.

20siofn.jpg

2na387q.jpg

My son had a 2001 Dodge Dakota 3.9 six cylinder, auto trans make it until 205K miles before he gave it to my brother who still has it. He just uses it for hauling junk, but the only major repair was the exhaust system rusted out at the y pipe and that part was over 300 bucks. I think it included the cat converter, though.

1993 Ford Taurus GL with the 3.8 V6. I got it at 227,000 miles from my Grandpa as it was his retired company car, I drove it to 242,000 miles. Sold it in 2004, the person I sold it to had a fuel line freeze and they junked it about 6 months after they bought it. Had a transmission replaced at 144,000 miles.

My '04 Corolla just turned 320K, still going strong...the only thing that doesn't work anymore is the odometer, which stopped at 299,999...

2004 Pontiac Vibe, 1.8 1ZZ-FE, original owner; 260,000 miles. Only non original part is the intake manifold gaskets.

2010 Toyota Highlander Limited. I can't find a picture of ours that it isn't buried in snow, but the one here is identical. We took it to 220K or so and traded it in on a 2016 Highlander Limited AWD. The only thing that ever broke was the drivers side window hopped the track twice.

2010_Toyota_Highlander_Limited_--_09-03-2010.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Samrsnow
My first car was this grey 1988 BMW 528e. Was told it had over 200k on it before the odometer went out the first time, the second time at about 87k all prior to buying it. I never fixed the odometer gears and drove it for a little over 5 years. I had to have pushed it to 400k or above running only Castrol GTX 20w50 and orange can fram filters

Current daily for me is this 1987 535is I've run GTX, Mobil, Pennzoil, Rotella, and DELO (current). Ran it with a broken odometer for about 2 years, fixed it at least 10 months ago and now have it at about 248,890. Nearly 11,000 in that timespan
shocked.gif
I literally just calculated that...that can't be right. I swear the ODO isn't that fast! Big repairs were timing chain, switching to coilovers, and AC compressor with R134 conversion

mye28.com will keep that 535i going forever

1996 Tacoma 3.4V6, 286k, 10k synthetic OCI, still in use
1998 M3, 199k, 10k OCI still in use during warm weather
2012 Honda Fit 59k, 10-12k OCI (by OLM) daily driver

1999 Chevy Cavalier 2.2 I4 / 3 speed auto
Rotella 15w-40 every 5k miles since wife bought it in 2006 with almost exactly 100k on it.
Thicker oil because it never goes below freezing here and it had a leak that wasn't worth fixing. It never got any worse, and the 15-40 leaked slowly enough I didn't have to add any between changes.
Needed 2 AC compressors, heater core, and thermostat in that time. Maybe some other odds and ends I'm not remembering.
Tranny went out earlier this year with 237,000 miles on it. Engine still ran fine.
The state gave us $1,000 for it a few months ago because it wouldn't pass smog and a little bit of Lucas Transmission Fix got it working well enough to drive it to the smog test place and then to the scrapper (rules of the program require the car to drive in under its own power).

Originally Posted By: miden851
My 02Corolla back in the day; i bought it new and sold it with 220k miles back in 2010; up to last year it drove, I hope it still does

You added a Ferrari logo to a corolla.....I've seen it all on these boards now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back