Microgreen - possibly stunning development!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just tiredness. (Fipping the greater less symbol)

Jay/ Fram / popup window / email - I believe them and you (unless testing shows not) Ive never seen mendacity from you and have no reason to believe you'd lie.

Thing is the site and boxes are unclear - I believe there is some consensus on this.

If I were worried I wouldnt be running them.

UD

Last edited:
Welp, I just checked Fram’s Website and I still see the wording that UD has been complaining about. It’s still there, and somewhere around two weeks after the “oversight”.... even the USPS can deliver mail in this time, yet an electronic change that can happen instantaneously... doesn’t. That feels intentional to me. So, here’s my take in no specific order (or preferential treatment):

1. There HAS to be some reason Fram changed the wording. Most likely due to the same cost cutting methods that MG is being accused of. If you’ve got a phenomenal product that is better than your competitors, you USE that specific data instead of hiding behind generalities and vagueness. It’s how you get bench racers off their butts and buying your product vs. the competitor.

2. At this point, I have zero faith in an Amazon review by an alleged person. I could post as Perry Mason or Donald Trump, but some other clown already beat me to that email address. If this claim showed up in Machinery Lubrication, or WSJ, or just about any other forum except a product review on a commercial sales site (with no possible way to vet the source), I may give it more weight.

3. The whole intention of this site, as I’ve come to know and love it, is based on data from actual testing and confirmation, not blindly accepting claims without merit. UD is pushing this tact and is kinda being ridiculed for challenging the claims regardless of the manufacturer. He’s looking for DaTA from the manufacturer which will help him quantify the results he observes during his use of that product to make a personal evaluation of its value as it relates TO HIM. I’ve always tried to provide data as well over opinions and have compiled over 100k of data on my vehicle which has provided my frame of reference.

4. If MG were making blatantly false claims that were easily disproven, they would have already been sued by now. Either by another filter manufacturer trying to protect their brand and position in the market, or by consumers who relied on MG’s representations and suffered engine damage or other harm. If LinkedIn paid millions from a class-action lawsuit for sending a couple too many emails, I have no doubt MG would have been sued into debtor’s prison by now if their claims were disproveable using claimed specs/standards/otherwise. Litigation domination is the name of the game- some little nobody recently tried to sue the company I work for for around $150 MILLION for copyright infringement... when our company employee had already filed for and received his own patent for the process we use. Also remember the lawsuit that Castrol WON over Mobil about what “synthetic” oil actually is...?

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Welp, I just checked Fram’s Website and I still see the wording that UD has been complaining about. It’s still there, and somewhere around two weeks after the “oversight”.... even the USPS can deliver mail in this time, yet an electronic change that can happen instantaneously... doesn’t. That feels intentional to me. So, here’s my take in no specific order (or preferential treatment):

1. There HAS to be some reason Fram changed the wording.

What wording are you talking about, and what do you think it use to say? Be specific.

If you're talking about UD not liking that his box didn't have his specific filter model number in the efficiency footnote, that's been explained over many times. Fram's references the use of the ISO 4548-12 efficiency test on the filter models listed. What more proof do you need? And what efficiency proof does any other filter maker give beyond that level of spec proof?

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: UncleDave
Im used to seeing a filter spec done properly - like Fram used to.

I've seen Fram use this way of showing the efficiency for years ... don't know what you think it use to look like.

Im complaining about the same thing you did in your mail, and the box doesn't help me.

You are happy with an answer from the rep- Id like to see the ultra website changed back to like it was prior.

I shouldn't have to mail the rep for info that was once very clear. Im sur eJay would be helpful hes awesome.

You are satisfied - I'm not. Its Ok.

UD

Uncle Dave,
What is it specifically you would like to know? This thread is just painful to my brain. So, what exactly do you want to know about FRAM Ultra filters that I can provide engineering documentation to prove? There have been NO changes to the Ultra product other than engineering trials to prove it can go 20k miles when used with quality oil in a well maintained engine. Please email my personal email when you respond as I cannot monitor this forum all the time. As always, I am happy to provide BITOG with any info desired.
Cheers,

Last edited:
Hello Motorking,

There were 2 issues- You guys fixed one of them, and that was the omission of Ultra filter efficiency. Thats fixed

What isn't clear is there are 2 footnotes on the web, and the box.
One with an asterisk, one with a plus sign (it looks more like a little cross)

The asterisk is the footnote for capacity
The plus line is the footnote for filter efficiency.

The XG series is listed in the footnote for capacity

The the footnote for filter efficiency there are no "XG" series filters listed. Whats listed is PH8A, 3387A, and 4967 or equivalent FRAM TG or EG models

This last mail you weighed in and I simply "accepted" what you said vs. what is printed Here's the referring link - I stopped after you chimed in.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4650298/3

I think Fram could be clearer by listing the XG series that I buy today in the efficiency line vs. the TG, or EG or other models not denoted with an "XG" prefix.

It seems Im not completely alone in that thought.

I thoroughly appreciate your participation feedback and input Mr Buckley.

UD

Hmmm ... Haven't been here for awhile but was checking if there were any recent discussions on Microgreen's filters and found the discussions about change disturbing. I will have to have Blackstone perform another particle count and see if the filter is no longer holding out. I'm still driving the same Ford Focus and continuing to use redline and microgreen filters at 15 to 20k mile intervals. So far the engine remains remarkably tight and doesn't drink or need a drop of additional oil with these long OCI's. And for the comments about no particle counts, I did and found Micogreen, or at least the older versions, did a fantastic job of filtering particles:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4659840/6

Blackstone was unable to do a particle count on my last diesel sample to verify.

My 20K sample from the Lexus was blindly tossed by a third party that was "doing me a favor" by changing my oil for me.

I believe the older version did what it was supposed to do.
I'm in a holding pattern on these until somebody does a particle count on a newer one.

UD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back