Microgreen MG300-6 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
They use a plastic sponge disc to catch the extra-tiny grit on a multi-pass basis. Otherwise the filter is a cheap paper filter. Thick can is nice.

Trasko is clever too. MicroGreen is better because they do away with the need for a pressure-relief micro-filtration concept.
That said, the Trasko would be better if they set the pressure relief to less than their FAQ page on their website says.

....but the Trasko works well.

It's used on a bunch of stationary generators. They monitory them pretty well and claim that the filters do an excellent job in a vary harsh environment, freezing cold, boiling hot, no warm up time and loaded to full power at 60 seconds from start.

They like the Trasko and keep some spares for new generators.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
....but the Trasko works well.

It's used on a bunch of stationary generators. They monitory them pretty well and claim that the filters do an excellent job in a vary harsh environment, freezing cold, boiling hot, no warm up time and loaded to full power at 60 seconds from start.

They like the Trasko and keep some spares for new generators.

Trasko (and MicroGreen for that matter) make total sense. For those that don't know, the Trasko oil filter will filter the oil thru a toilet-paper-like roll at low oil flows, and as soon as oil demand rises, will switch to another oil filter that allows more oil flow, that way the differential pressure drop across the oil filter is always kept low-ish.

OT Last year there was a now banned multiple alias troll, FetchFar/Stickybuns/ElastoHydro/Route66Mike/boundarylayer et.al. used to think these were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then he'd use his multiple personalities to flame and insult any poster that didn't share the identical opinion.

I commented about there being a lack of an ISO 4548-12 industry standard efficiency rating on the MicG testing/validation section and the aliases all cued the MO for back up. Enough other members caught on to the act and had similar experiences and he got sent packing not long after. Since though, I take notice of comments on the topic.

As for the topic'd MG, it looks well made but I have no interest in changing just the filter every 10kmi. as recommended to 30k mi. and leaving the oil in till 30k with top off. But that's just me. And if one has a vehicle currently under manufacturers warranty and follows that recommended procedure, the vehicle warranty could be put at risk.

Thanks for the yt.

I am currently using the MG filters and the 30,000 mile OCI. I am just now reaching 20,000 and am on the second filter. I'll be changing to the third filter, w/half-quart of make-up oil, this weekend. when it's all done I'll post the UOA and we'll see how things look.

The oil is M1 AFE and the car is a 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv.

I need to clarify. I'm not going to do the UOA for another 10,000 miles. I'm only interested in seeing the oil characteristics after the full 30,000 miles. If it doesn't look OK I might try 20,000 before switching back to a more conventional routine.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I am currently using the MG filters and the 30,000 mile OCI. I am just now reaching 20,000 and am on the second filter. I'll be changing to the third filter, w/half-quart of make-up oil, this weekend. when it's all done I'll post the UOA and we'll see how things look.

The oil is M1 AFE and the car is a 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv.

Should be good. Depends on make-up oil added to keep TBN up I'd assume. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back