MicroGard - Oil Filter Part # MGL10060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microgard is a Fram filter with a different label on it. I bought one and have it in my supply currently. I will try it out for a short OCI, but probably wouldn't go an extended OCI with it.

Originally Posted By: electrolover
any good?
or should i stick with the ac delco pf 48?
or go with
NAPA ProSelect Filters SFI 27060??

You have two Fords....just use Motorcraft filters...they are excellent and are available at WalMart.

I ran the PF47 equivalent Microguard out to 6000mi during my last OCI. The Microguard wasn't my first choice. I had a Purolator, had already drained the oil, and removed the old filter.....

.... and dropped the Purolator on the concrete denting the bottom of the can in.

O'Rielly's was the closest shop and I needed to finish the job in a hurry so I picked up the MG since they were out of ACDelcos.

They are slightly different than Frams branded filters in that the media in the MG is rated at 94% SPE instead of 95% (same micron rating).

For the money however ($1.50 difference) I'd just go with the ACDelco or even the NAPA.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Originally Posted By: electrolover
any good?
or should i stick with the ac delco pf 48?
or go with
NAPA ProSelect Filters SFI 27060??

You have two Fords....just use Motorcraft filters...they are excellent and are available at WalMart.

i love mc filters. those are chevy part numbers for my in laws truck and traverse.

are the proselect any good? the price is right, less than 3 bucks

ya nice thread. the pure one is really not possible, i cant buy it locally. the napa gold is too high, so i want to know about the cheap napa. someone posted that they fail alot so i will probably be sticking with the ac delco.

I have not seen the Napa pro-select for this application either. I am betting it doesn't use the rubber combo adbv/bpv thing though. If you do use the ac delco, I would recommend the regular pf-48 (like the one in the pics) and not the pf-48e which is the ecore design.

the last one was a pf 48 not the e.
but i can get a case of proselects for 2.50 each. very tempting, but i would feel terrible if it blew up a brand new car!

Yeah that's a good price. I don't think it will blow up the car. I would expect that more of the OCOD and super [censored] errrr I mean supertech filters and even they don't make most engines blow up lol. PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back