Microgard @ approximately 7000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cp3
Hard to argue this Z06 but I do think it is a bit over exaggerated here. Likely made worse by the fact that they have a different construction. Lots of people are very technical and not dummies but a lot also do not like change or things that are different.

Let me also add that in IMO, some members take the wrong approach in combating the bias here.

IMO, the easiest way FRAM could improve their non-metal end cap design is to make the end caps just a bit thicker and stiffer. What bothers me is the fact that they can deform their shape when in use (ie, not stay flat), which might cause dirty oil leaks around the ends of the center tube where the ADBV and bypass valve assemblies seal against the end cap material.

If the end caps were more ridged, it would be better. And I do think FRAM has their gluing process down good. Seems the pleats are well attached to the end caps.

Quote:

IMO, the easiest way FRAM could improve their non-metal end cap design is to make the end caps just a bit thicker and stiffer. What bothers me is the fact that they can deform their shape when in use (ie, not stay flat), which might cause dirty oil leaks around the ends of the center tube where the ADBV and bypass valve assemblies seal against the end cap material.

If the end caps were more ridged, it would be better. And I do think FRAM has their gluing process down good. Seems the pleats are well attached to the end caps.

Interesting point. I was actually thinking along those lines once. I wasn't thinking quite the same as you, but more like a re-enforcing type set-up, almost like the same idea as rebar in cement.

I know that Jay Buckley from FRAM reads these posts. Maybe he can comment?

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Quote:

Interesting point. I was actually thinking along those lines once. I wasn't thinking quite the same as you, but more like a re-enforcing type set-up, almost like the same idea as rebar in cement.

Maybe Jay will give you a free FRAM filter for Christmas for being the #1 fan!!!

Originally Posted By: steveh
Quote:

Maybe Jay will give you a free FRAM filter for Christmas for being the #1 fan!!!

If he offers, I will accept it. Maybe I can put in a good word for you too and get you a brand spanking new orange can?

Originally Posted By: steveh
Quote:

If he offers, I will accept it. Maybe I can put in a good word for you too and get you a brand spanking new orange can?

Jay could send me a few Ultra XGs for field testing.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back