Micro Center and new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week I received a notice in the mail that a new Micro Center opened close to my house:

http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores...eloc_brentwd_pg

Well, I had to check it out. It was a little overwhelming. It reminded me of a combination of Comp US on steroids and New Egg. Got a free 4gb flash drive for coming in. I was having problems with the computer I built for the old lady so I ended up buying a Dell Inspiron 537 for $399.00. It came with XP Pro loaded which I know she can live with. But, it has a Vista Business license, so I am getting Windows 7 upgrade free. It came with the Vista Business and XP Pro CD's in the box. Runs quiet and strong. Everyone was very nice. That manager of the store thanked me for my business. They were stocked to the gills, so maybe I bought one of the first computers they sold. How things have changed. The Micro Center is next to what used to be the Gateway Store where I bought my first computer. Gateway is long gone. Hopefully, Micro Center will be around for a while.

yes. we have one store here and I have found their prices to be very competitive and their people know a thing or two about computers.

Some things seemed higher, but then they had specials. I looked at Best Buy and they had very few desktops. This store had about 4 x's as many to choose from. They have a different focus then Best Buy. They seem to be a one stop computer store and according to one staff person New Egg was their biggest competition. They also seemed more customer service oriented. They were not pushy, but spent a lot of time answering questions.

Oh wow, that's just over by Target!

I'm 5 minutes from there so I'll need to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back