Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4

I bought a set of these about 15000 miles ago for my Audi A4. According to Tire Rack, they are right at the top of the Ultra High Performance All-Season category. The only tire that barely beats them in this category is the BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S PLUS. Unfortunately, the BFG tires are directional which means you can't properly rotate them.

I'm a very spirited driver on Ozark twisty backroads. These Michelins have more traction than I have balls!

I bought a set of these about 15000 miles ago for my Audi A4. According to Tire Rack, they are right at the top of the Ultra High Performance All-Season category. The only tire that barely beats them in this category is the BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S PLUS. Unfortunately, the BFG tires are directional which means you can't properly rotate them.

I'm a very spirited driver on Ozark twisty backroads. These Michelins have more traction than I have balls!

They felt like they had more grip than the Comp-2's, but I only got 7k miles out of the summers and 15k out of the A/S plus. They'd just come out with a Whiteline rear sway bar for the sho and I got in on the early buy about a month after the PS4s's went on and it was like a whole different car

I have about 2000 miles on mine. 2009 BMW 328i RWD, 225/45/17 square setup. They do grip really well, ride decent, and seem to do pretty good in wet conditions. My only complaints so far are that they do have some road noise (more noticeable than my Continental Extreme Sports) and they already vibrate a bit right around 80 and will need to be rebalanced. The rebalancing seems to be a common thing from what I've read.

I have a set of 235/40r18's on my GTI and love them. They are decent in snow and great in the rain. They feel very civilized on the road. I have almost 7k miles on them and they are wearing well.

I’ve done a lot of motorcycle riding in N. AR. and S. MO. Hwy. 125 is great!

Have you seen the Missouri Tarantulas sunning themselves on 125 in October?

Reactions: Ws6
Most of my mileage is on MO 125 from Bradleyville to Sparta. Haven't seen the Tarantulas sunning themselves. Where on 125 did you see them?
On 125, south of Bull Shoals Lake. But I’m sure they can probably be seen north of the lake, too.

I believe it was late September, actually, that I saw them.

I'm about a year in on a set for my MKV GTI.
They can be driven pretty hard and behave well...

The wet traction is creepy good, you really have to push it make them break loose.

Best A/S tire I ever owned. I have no reason to buy anything else until something better comes around.

I'll be getting these in a few mos before my Nov HPDE on my Sportwagen - looking forward to trying them as I've always heard so many good things. 235/40/18. I currently have the Continental Control Contact Sport SRS - this is Discount Tire exclusive which is effectively the same as the DWS06 which have been v. good UHP AS tires. I drive the crap out of this thing and these should be more than enough tire.
20210424_100940.jpg

I'll be getting these in a few mos before my Nov HPDE on my Sportwagen - looking forward to trying them as I've always heard so many good things. 235/40/18. I currently have the Continental Control Contact Sport SRS - this is Discount Tire exclusive which is effectively the same as the DWS06 which have been v. good UHP AS tires. I drive the crap out of this thing and these should be more than enough tire.

I couldn't imagine doing a DE on these tires but I'm guessing our ambient/track temps are a little different.

also we twinsies

153903289_10104606122101427_1569354770713015012_n.jpg

I couldn't imagine doing a DE on these tires but I'm guessing our ambient/track temps are a little different.

also we twinsies

View attachment 65198
I've never in my life thought that a good set of performance all seasons were a limiting factor to driving aggressively on a public road. On the track, I had other thing more top of mind (brakes!) than tires. Also keep in mind, I am awd so traction is a bit different than the Speed3.

I've never in my life thought that a good set of performance all seasons were a limiting factor to driving aggressively on a public road. On the track, I had other thing more top of mind (brakes!) than tires. Also keep in mind, I am awd so traction is a bit different than the Speed3.
IMO it does not matter what all season, they are limiting factor, public road or not. It is not only dry performance but braking performance and handling in wet.
Also, on track, I am not sure how you decouple tire performance from brakes? Any improvement in braking performance and will overwhelm tires which will negate improvements in braking you achieved. I have a separate set of Yokohama Advan Apax V601 just for the track. You might consider going like that.

IMO it does not matter what all season, they are limiting factor, public road or not. It is not only dry performance but braking performance and handling in wet.
Also, on track, I am not sure how you decouple tire performance from brakes? Any improvement in braking performance and will overwhelm tires which will negate improvements in braking you achieved. I have a separate set of Yokohama Advan Apax V601 just for the track. You might consider going like that.
Let me clarify - my brakes overheating were my biggest issue but one could argue that that's b/c I have to use them more b/c of not having summer/peroformance tires. I get it. They would be great and in a perfect world, I'd have a second set of wheels with some summers but I don't b/c we just don't need winter tires where I live so the incentive is low. It's expensive and a PITA for me. UHP AS tires like the PS4 are more tire than I'll ever need, hell, they come stock on the new C8 Vette. I've been on lots of aggressive "crusies" with all manner of performance vehicles all running I'm sure the best summer tires and you know what? I have no issue keeping up in the twisties in my station wagon with a good set of UHP AS b/c I know how to drive my car. Good enough data for me. I go the track one time a year - just not worth it right now but maybe at some point I'll spring for the wheels/tires.

Let me clarify - my brakes overheating were my biggest issue but one could argue that that's b/c I have to use them more b/c of not having summer/peroformance tires. I get it. They would be great and in a perfect world, I'd have a second set of wheels with some summers but I don't b/c we just don't need winter tires where I live so the incentive is low. It's expensive and a PITA for me. UHP AS tires like the PS4 are more tire than I'll ever need, hell, they come stock on the new C8 Vette. I've been on lots of aggressive "crusies" with all manner of performance vehicles all running I'm sure the best summer tires and you know what? I have no issue keeping up in the twisties in my station wagon with a good set of UHP AS b/c I know how to drive my car. Good enough data for me. I go the track one time a year - just not worth it right now but maybe at some point I'll spring for the wheels/tires.
Let me clarify, not winter set but track set. I have 3 sets for my BMW: summer, winter, track.
Reason for separate track set is that first, you can run more appropriate tire on track.
2: any damage on tire will leave you hunting for tires.
3. you can get much more out of your all seasons by just using them on street. And this is the part to take into consideration. If track is hard on tires, probability is that one tire is going to wear faster than 3 others. With AWD set up, that is not good to use tire like that all the time.
4. you can get used VW wheels for cheap and mount performance or track dedicated tire. Yokohama or Falken are fairly cheap.
A/S tires definitely contribut to more heat in brakes but it is VW, it is always issue with them when it comes to overheating brakes.
As for C8, just because it comes on C8 doesn’t mean it is good on track. Bridgestone DriveGuard tires come on BMW 340 yet I physically damaged that tire on half track day with my naturally aspirated BMW.
I think cost effective and safer is if you go dedicated track set up. But, I mean, your choice.

Most of my mileage is on MO 125 from Bradleyville to Sparta. Haven't seen the Tarantulas sunning themselves. Where on 125 did you see them?
I'm very familiar with that stretch of 125. My ex-wife's parents lived in Bradleyville and we lived in Nixa.

Back