Michelin Latitude Cross vs General Grabber AT3

In Autumn I'm going to need to replace the Goodyear Vector 4S on my Dacia Duster.

The factory size is 215/60 R17 but looking to 'upgrade' to 235/55 R17. I want a tyre that is a good year round road tyre but has some off-roading capabilities.

The only two options in 235/55 R17 is the Michelin Latitude Cross and General Grabber AT3.

I've had excellent service from Michelin tyres in the past, but not sure if I'm put off by the lack of 3PMSF. Then again, the reviews suggest the General Grabber AT3 isn't great in the wet, and living in the UK we obviously get a lot of rain.

Anyone have any experience of either of these tyres?

I don't know if this will help since we're here in the States however, here are some(very few) customers reviews from our TireRack website surveys of how customers like each tire. They both look to be entirely different types of tires. The General being a more aggressive off-road and the Michelin more on-road. But, what do I know? :unsure:

I don't know if this will help since we're here in the States however, here are some(very few) customers reviews from our TireRack website surveys of how customers like each tire. They both look to be entirely different types of tires. The General being a more aggressive off-road and the Michelin more on-road. But, what do I know? :unsure:

I do think the Michelin is more of a road tyre. It still looks quite off-roady to me though?

michelin-latitude-cross-235-60-r18-h-land-rover-freelander-3191acbb97fd30135323d41bf6cd762c.jpg

Back