Michelin CrossClimate2 Installed

Any updates? How many miles on the tire so far?
It will be a while:

Got my CrossClimate 2 tires installed 9/30/21. Smooth riding, no noise after a few miles break-in and zero complaints about drivability so far.
Had 4 inches of rain last Saturday and Sunday night. Very stabile on wet roads with standing water. No hydro-plaining, however I kept the speeds sensible.

My ONLY gripe, is the fuel mileage on my 2018 Subaru Forester dropped from about 33 MPG. to around 29 MPG.

So for right now, I'm feeling they have more rolling resistance and will stick to the road better. The Iowa weather will change soon. Close to 2000 miles on the tires now. Time will tell.

I figure, if they stop better and keep me from back-ending someone and get me where I need to go...money well spent! I'll take a 4 MPG hit in fuel mileage over an accident, any day! Almost 2000 miles on them now. Will report back when the snow and ice hits us.

My dad wants to get these for our 2017 Camry. Problem is we are having a hard time getting any tires at work especially Michelin they told me 6-10 weeks before any could be in. I love Michelin, we don’t sell a ton of them cause they are pricey but nice. But with a gravel driveway gravel sticking in the tread maybe an issue. Also I am kinda turned away by a only 60,000 mile warranty I expect more than that but maybe I’m wanting too much. Our business manager really is impressed with his. They almost got ruined because the ones who rotated them weren’t paying attention and cross rotated.

My dad wants to get these for our 2017 Camry. Problem is we are having a hard time getting any tires at work especially Michelin they told me 6-10 weeks before any could be in.
B403D058-D257-4A9F-A888-208F3063FDD1.jpeg

Got my CrossClimate 2 tires installed 9/30/21. Smooth riding, no noise after a few miles break-in and zero complaints about drivability so far.
Had 4 inches of rain last Saturday and Sunday night. Very stabile on wet roads with standing water. No hydro-plaining, however I kept the speeds sensible.

My ONLY gripe, is the fuel mileage on my 2018 Subaru Forester dropped from about 33 MPG. to around 29 MPG.

So for right now, I'm feeling they have more rolling resistance and will stick to the road better. The Iowa weather will change soon. Close to 2000 miles on the tires now. Time will tell.

I figure, if they stop better and keep me from back-ending someone and get me where I need to go...money well spent! I'll take a 4 MPG hit in fuel mileage over an accident, any day! Almost 2000 miles on them now. Will report back when the snow and ice hits us.

Weird. I’ve got the same commute every day and over the past 30-40 miles since I had them installed last Thursday I’ve only noticed a drop of maybe one MPG indicated (31.7 -> 30.7). I’ll reserve judgement until after they wear in a bit.

So far, I’m very impressed with these tires.

I've had my CrossClimate 2s on my TourX for about 1k now. MPG seems to have gone down a tad, but it's hard to say for certain because I had them put on right when we switched to the winter blend gasoline. They are still the quietest tire I have ever used. Ride quality is standard for Michelin, with stronger sidewalls for responsive handling. Over some larger bumps they area a bit more firm and over small imperfections they glide over them with ease. These tires also balanced extremely well, with 2 of the tires measuring only 3 lbs of roadforce on a Hunter roadforce balancer.

I liked the CrossClimates enough that I'm getting another set for my sisters car to replace a worn out set of General GMaxes. I couldn't pass up the 150 dollars off at Costco. Luckily they still had the size in stock that her car requires.

You check Costco in your area? Its cheaper and they may have them
Don’t have a Costco. At BJ’s it will be $685 mounted and balanced but I’d be the one install and balance them as I don’t allow others to work on my stuff still same price without because the mount and balance are free. Sam’s we haven’t checked yet.

I've had my CrossClimate 2s on my TourX for about 1k now. MPG seems to have gone down a tad, but it's hard to say for certain because I had them put on right when we switched to the winter blend gasoline. They are still the quietest tire I have ever used. Ride quality is standard for Michelin, with stronger sidewalls for responsive handling. Over some larger bumps they area a bit more firm and over small imperfections they glide over them with ease. These tires also balanced extremely well, with 2 of the tires measuring only 3 lbs of roadforce on a Hunter roadforce balancer.

I liked the CrossClimates enough that I'm getting another set for my sisters car to replace a worn out set of General GMaxes. I couldn't pass up the 150 dollars off at Costco. Luckily they still had the size in stock that her car requires.

Don't forget that rolling resistance is higher with lots of thread, so the old tyres were at their peak and the CC2 will get better regarding fuel consumption.

Explaining to people that stopping is what matters not going forward is becoming on par explaining flat earthers that earth is round.
Son will make a business trip to Pueblo late December/early January … then back south …
2018 Cadillac XT5 FWD (front drive) … Needs tires anyway …
So, what would you suggest (has 245/60 18”) ?

Son will make a business trip to Pueblo late December/early January … then back south …
Pirelli Scorpion A/S Plus 3, the new ones that just came out. Priced well, quiet, and sidewalls feel stiffer than the Plus 2.

Treadlife has always been the brand’s downfall, but you can usually get at least 40K if you rotate often.

I wonder whether a lot of gravel will stick in those treads; I have a long gravel driveway and some tires, like General R45's are a real bear. Others like General Assurance or Goodyear Eagle are not. Let us know if you have the occasion to do so.
It does, some. It's not horrible honestly. I have a 1 mile crushed rock drive. I don't hate them worse than anything else, really.

i tried cc+ 3yo 1/6" on snow, i wasn´t confident.
they are getting old and were louder since autumn.
i really hope cc2 will be huge improvement,,,,,, :oops:

Last edited:
The way this winter is going, Michelin Pilot P4S :)
Only problem is Raton pass between NM and CO. That part of CO is warm and dry. I wouldn’t overthink it. Good A/S will cut it. Considering we are in La Nina pattern, he might not see any snow.

Reactions: 4WD

Depending where at in Iowa, you might get your snow today!

The way this winter is going, Michelin Pilot P4S :)
Only problem is Raton pass between NM and CO. That part of CO is warm and dry. I wouldn’t overthink it. Good A/S will cut it. Considering we are in La Nina pattern, he might not see any snow.
Hawaii has more snow dumped this year than the Denver region.

I hope there is some snow on the roads at Mammoth lakes, when I drive up there on Sunday, for a week. (treating plantar fasciitis on my right foot will limit time in my snowboard boots).

And... I had to make a choice: Ski Race Camp lessons (to learn how to ski, so I can go into Alta and Deer Valley) or a set of CC2's. Chose CC2's.

Awesome tires. About 15k miles on my set for the LS460 AWD. Quiet, comfortable, and capable. 8% mpg decrease for city driving. Highway mileage is unaffected. Weird low speed aerodynamics.

Back