Met the absolute biggest jerk I have ever encountered tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had encounters with people much worse than that and at the other end of the spectrum people that were downright pleasant.
I stopped to help a woman one day that had dropped her motorcycle. Unknown to me her son was following her and went into a rage that I was trying to help. He tried his best to fight me.

Another reason why I’m handling this quarantine so easily. “Wear a mask, stay 6 feet apart from everyone, don’t engage in unnecessary conversation, don’t try to correct people, simply ignore them.” Gee, I can do that!

I'm telling ya.. we are all wired differently, and you've reached a point of maturity when you let the Situation Dictate how you respond.

I have had encounters with people much worse than that and at the other end of the spectrum people that were downright pleasant.
I stopped to help a woman one day that had dropped her motorcycle. Unknown to me her son was following her and went into a rage that I was trying to help. He tried his best to fight me.
This, and other situations I've read about that went a lot further south than this, is why I no longer stop. I want to, and in some cases, I fight the urge to, but I keep going.

Don't you just love people like that?

You get to "make" those just looking for a confrontation, very quickly.

Another reason why I’m handling this quarantine so easily. “Wear a mask, stay 6 feet apart from everyone, don’t engage in unnecessary conversation, don’t try to correct people, simply ignore them.” Gee, I can do that!
I find, especially in my line of work, that its important to be aware of your body language and voice tone etc. People can't read each other as easily with masks on, so its important to convey your attitude in new ways.

And have a Carfax entry for a accident??? Pick your battles and remember your mission.
If you follow the used vehicle market at all-a Carfax for a very minor accident has a zero to small negative effect on value.

Ugh, could Illinois suck anymore than it already does?
As much as I hate to say this, it's not just Illinois. Someone backed into me at a gas station in Northwest Indiana and crushed the driver-side door. Called the police to get an officer to file a report and they were not interested because it happened on private property. Even after I pointed out that insurance would require one to pay for the repair they gave me some grief, but eventually an officer did come out.

As much as I hate to say this, it's not just Illinois. Someone backed into me at a gas station in Northwest Indiana and crushed the driver-side door. Called the police to get an officer to file a report and they were not interested because it happened on private property. Even after I pointed out that insurance would require one to pay for the repair they gave me some grief, but eventually an officer did come out.

Probably because... they have to. As much as some act like it's not, the police serve the community.

Just like at the beginning of Die Hard when MacLaine called 911 and they thought it was a prank call.

A few years ago, my sister had just pulled into her parking spot at a grocery store, and was gathering up her purse, etc. to get out of the truck, and a woman parked in a spot across the isle backed into her while backing out of her spot. It rocked the truck a little, but she found no damage when she was finally able to look at her bumper. The woman did not even stop until my sister yelled at her to inform her that she had just backed into her truck. The woman rolled down the window, and my sister received a "F You!". My sister, having the temperament that she does, responded by heaving her smoothie through the open window of the car, that was still driving away. She never stopped. I'm sure she had some fun cleaning smoothie out of her dashboard when she got home, which is the least she deserved.

A few years ago, my sister had just pulled into her parking spot at a grocery store, and was gathering up her purse, etc. to get out of the truck, and a woman parked in a spot across the isle backed into her while backing out of her spot. It rocked the truck a little, but she found no damage when she was finally able to look at her bumper. The woman did not even stop until my sister yelled at her to inform her that she had just backed into her truck. The woman rolled down the window, and my sister received a "F You!". My sister, having the temperament that she does, responded by heaving her smoothie through the open window of the car, that was still driving away. She never stopped. I'm sure she had some fun cleaning smoothie out of her dashboard when she got home, which is the least she deserved.

That's a Shirley MacLaine move.

Hmm, I have mixed feelings...

I can respect not wanting to waste time on it, but I'd bet at least in part the reason the "gentleman" acts the way he does is that he's found he gets away with it.

On that point, I kinda wish you'd have called the police, reached one who was worth the gunpowder it would take to blow him up, and said PoPo had come over and drug the gentleman out of the restaurant and explained that damaging other peoples property, no matter how minor, isn't OK.

Maybe Karma will take care of him though, perhaps next time he will meet someone much less polite than you or perhaps that much less polite person will be Mrs Gentleman's lawyer.

Hmm, I have mixed feelings...

I can respect not wanting to waste time on it, but I'd bet at least in part the reason the "gentleman" acts the way he does is that he's found he gets away with it.

On that point, I kinda wish you'd have called the police, reached one who was worth the gunpowder it would take to blow him up, and said PoPo had come over and drug the gentleman out of the restaurant and explained that damaging other peoples property, no matter how minor, isn't OK.

Maybe Karma will take care of him though, perhaps next time he will meet someone much less polite than you or perhaps that much less polite person will be Mrs Gentleman's lawyer.
I did too and had the damage been anything more than a scratch, I would have called the police (parking lot or not). Karma has a way of catching up to @$$hats like the one that I encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back