Mercedes CLK-350 reliability

Originally Posted by HM12460
Drove/looking at a used 2008 Mercedes Benz CLK-350 this afternoon. Car sales are a go in Michigan. This car has 41,000 miles on it and appears to be in fine condition. The 3.5 V-6 DOHC engine is rated for, i believe, 275 horsepower give or take. I was absolutely amazed how nice this car was to drive. It runs fairly strong too. Spoke with the local Mercedes dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan about maintenance/repairs/general upkeep. The dealer wants $600 to service the transmission every 40,000 miles and this car is due. After speaking at length with the service advisor it became apparent these cars are quite expensive to repair and maintain. My concern is the long term reliability of the engine, transmission, I.R.S., and honestly, the whole car. Any knowledgeable comments concerning reliability and cost of maintaining, good or bad, I would love to hear.

Any MB from 2000-2011 is junk with massive rust problems and bushing problems.

Originally Posted by HM12460
Drove/looking at a used 2008 Mercedes Benz CLK-350 this afternoon. Car sales are a go in Michigan. This car has 41,000 miles on it and appears to be in fine condition. The 3.5 V-6 DOHC engine is rated for, i believe, 275 horsepower give or take. I was absolutely amazed how nice this car was to drive. It runs fairly strong too. Spoke with the local Mercedes dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan about maintenance/repairs/general upkeep. The dealer wants $600 to service the transmission every 40,000 miles and this car is due. After speaking at length with the service advisor it became apparent these cars are quite expensive to repair and maintain. My concern is the long term reliability of the engine, transmission, I.R.S., and honestly, the whole car. Any knowledgeable comments concerning reliability and cost of maintaining, good or bad, I would love to hear.

I think that engine has those problematic balance shafts. Can be very expensive.
As for everything else, man you are on the forum where pinnacle of automotive industry is Toyota Camry.
Youa re in Michigan, you will have A LOT of indy's that know how to maintain that better than dealership.
i believe that was fixed by 08. 06 and 07 were the problem yrs.

Back