Mercedes-AMG E53 Hybrid

I've been reading about the 2025 Mercedes-AMG E53; a PHEV with up to 603 hp and a pure EV range of about 40 miles. I managed to snag a spot on a digital live talk with the AMG product managers of the E53; it was conducted on MS Teams and all of the participants were able to ask multiple questions. That said, I only asked one- Will the E53 Estate (wagon) be available in the US? Unfortunately, the answer was no, but one of the AMG managers said that it may be available later. Another participant asked how the PHEV sytem worked on the track and the answer was that the E53 was not intended to be driven on the track. That was disappointing, but I'm guessing that the upcoming E63 will not have a similar restriction.
I normally don’t like cars much bigger than a C Class or 3 Series, but in the case of this car I could make an exception, assuming the curb weight is within reason.

I wish new cars would excite me but then I'd be broke. For the price of that MB it should be a full EV not a hybrid. They're doing the same thing the rest of them are doing. 🥱

It does look like a sharp car & a MB has done wagons best in my opinion but as you see it's not coming.

I've been reading about the 2025 Mercedes-AMG E53; a PHEV with up to 603 hp and a pure EV range of about 40 miles. I managed to snag a spot on a digital live talk with the AMG product managers of the E53; it was conducted on MS Teams and all of the participants were able to ask multiple questions. That said, I only asked one- Will the E53 Estate (wagon) be available in the US? Unfortunately, the answer was no, but one of the AMG managers said that it may be available later. Another participant asked how the PHEV sytem worked on the track and the answer was that the E53 was not intended to be driven on the track. That was disappointing, but I'm guessing that the upcoming E63 will not have a similar restriction.
I normally don’t like cars much bigger than a C Class or 3 Series, but in the case of this car I could make an exception, assuming the curb weight is within reason.
There's an M5 Estate with your name on it.

I wish new cars would excite me but then I'd be broke. For the price of that MB it should be a full EV not a hybrid. They're doing the same thing the rest of them are doing. 🥱

It does look like a sharp car & a MB has done wagons best in my opinion but as you see it's not coming.
I prefer a PHEV over an EV; it suits my needs better.

Unfortunately it's well known in the Automotive industry but the USA requires separate certification for every body style ie wagon sedan coupe, transmission option, and drive ie awd vs rwd. It's absolutely stupid and part of the reason we don't get so many variations. Subaru NA soent over two million dollars just to certify the limited 500 run Sti-RA for the USA market a few years back. It started life as an Sti with additional suspension, and performance tweaks. Unfortunately when I think if AMG I think V12 not a stressed 4 cylinder.

I prefer a PHEV over an EV; it suits my needs better.

Agreed. And what Mercedes, Ferrari, Lamborghini and others have done with hybrid technology is so much more appealing than what is typically thought of as a hybrid car. Not that the latter two are in my grasp, but these are the first ones I thought of, for exciting hybrid technology.

Unfortunately when I think if AMG I think V12 not a stressed 4 cylinder.
For me I want a I6 or V6 in an AMG, but they don’t have to be hand-built. The I4 engine in the new C63 makes impressive power, but I prefer two more cylinders.

For me I want a I6 or V6 in an AMG, but they don’t have to be hand-built. The I4 engine in the new C63 makes impressive power, but I prefer two more cylinders.
If I'm paying extra for the AMG badge you'd better believe it should be hand built and have a sign off plaque in the engine bay.

Back