Menard Quaker State Oil Filters

Does anyone know if Purolater still makes the Menard Quaker State oil filters that are like less than $3 bucks? I was thinking of using one for a 4,000 mile or 6 month OCI. Thanks

Does Menard's still sell fresh Quaker State filters? I thought they went to another brand, but perhaps not.
Years ago, I used a lot of them, but I stopped using QS filters because they downsized them and I thought there were better choices out there for a cheaper price. The QS8A is the size of a competitor's 3600. The QS 3600 is the size of a competitor's 3614. Just about every QS number is shorter than the same number as the competitor.

Attachments

• filters.jpg
    filters.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 22
I tried the search function but I believe someone years ago said Purolater made the Quaker State ones. If that's the case, I probably won't get one because of the tearing issues unless Purolater fixed that issue? I remember plenty of members mocking them and called them Tearolators. lol

I know that when Pennzoil and Quaker State merged, they were using different filter companies. I think at the time Quaker State was Purolator, and Pennzoil was Fram. The separate suppliers continued several years. They were finally combined, with *I think* Fram getting the business. The same supplier was used for the next several years.
The shrinking filter size and consolidation of part numbers was an effort to get greater coverage with less inventory. That's a welcome concept to many installers, who make up the majority of PZL-QS filter purchasers.
Having said this, I've been retired four years, so I don't have direct knowledge on who makes them now.

Last time I used a QS filter (4-5 years ago) it was definitely a Purolator built filter. Held up well during the OCI, though the nitrile adbv stiffened up a bit. Served it’s purpose for a sub 5k OCI.

are they still available at your local menards?

at my area menards they were all clearanced out end of last year/early this year, same with the frams.

its all purolator filters now

This is an older, still full size QS8A, which, except for paint and coding, is externally identical to a Purolator Classic L30001. All this (sort of) proves is that at one time QS filters were made by Purolator. The copyright date on the Purolator box is 2009. The QS filters were in bulk filter packaging, so no consumer printing. The QS filter does say SOPUS, so that makes it later than 2004, but I don't think by much.

If anyone can read the date/batch codes, that would be helpful.

QS01.jpg
QS02.jpg
QS03.jpg
QS04.jpg

are they still available at your local menards?

at my area menards they were all clearanced out end of last year/early this year, same with the frams.

its all purolator filters now
Yeah, I was too late in scooping the Quaker States. I noticed my Meanrd's got rid of their Fram Orange Cans also. They are only selling Purolaters.

Back