Memory card shows multiple drives on card??

I have a memory card issue that I can't seem to find a way around. First off its a Sandisk Extreme 128 gig card.

I used it briefly in my Air tv box to record over the air broadcasts. It worked fine. I have since put an older hard in it and want to copy some music to the card.

When I put it in my desktop instead on one drive “E” it shows E. F and G drives. Can't seem to get to one big formatted drive which would be “E”

The card always shows up with the extra F and G drives on it although shows 0 bytes on those.

Any ideas?? Just want one 128 Gb drive as E.

You'll want to delete the partitions through Disk Manager under Computer Management and set it up with a single partition.
+1. Also check if the device you are using it on can read a card that large, or if that device does something to show multiple partitions. I know on my cheap Dashcam, you cannot use a Micro SD larger than 32MB.

When I put it in my desktop instead on one drive “E” it shows E. F and G drives. Can't seem to get to one big formatted drive which would be “E”
Are you using a card reader by any chance?

If a card reader accepts multiple card types, each slot may show as a separate drive letter under Windows, but your card should only be accessible through one of those drive letters, even though other letters are visible.

yup sounds like it was formatted with multiple partitions.

Are you using a card reader by any chance?

If a card reader accepts multiple card types, each slot may show as a separate drive letter under Windows, but your card should only be accessible through one of those drive letters, even though other letters are visible.
No, not using a card reader. I think I got it straightened out with Overkill's advice. Just surprised that when I tried to format it, it would not return to the default just one drive letter.

Back