Meguiars wax results are in

Well tried the NEW Meguiars Ultimate Paste wax vs the older version. Despite the AD hype on media and on the box it DID NOT last any longer than the old version on a vehicle stored outside with good paint in Fl. Got about 3 months longevity and we are just heating up. Anyone else have similar results? Back to FK1000!

I was not impressed with it neither. I went back to the Tech 2.0 wax. Much easier to use and i think it gives a deeper wetter look to the paint. Longevity is not a big deal to me as i enjoy waxing my vehicles every couple of weeks. Maybe even every week.

I remember a wax they made years ago called poly coat...loved the stuff but no longer around...also another brand called Race Glaze. I think they are or were out of Wisconsin..

I was not impressed with it neither. I went back to the Tech 2.0 wax. Much easier to use and i think it gives a deeper wetter look to the paint. Longevity is not a big deal to me as i enjoy waxing my vehicles every couple of weeks. Maybe even every week.
I use that all the time on my classic 70 Chevelle. I have some crazy products on hand but the 2.0 gives my car a wet candy look.

After bouncing around, I have been very happy with the following.

Corolla Cross in signature.
Midnight Black Metallic.
Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax (bright yellow.) Use microfiber mitt.
Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax (bright blue.) Just spray, rinse and dry with chamois/microfiber.

After bouncing around, I have been very happy with the following.

Corolla Cross in signature.
Midnight Black Metallic.
Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax (bright yellow.) Use microfiber mitt.
Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax (bright blue.) Just spray, rinse and dry with chamois/microfiber.
The Meg car wash & wax is good stuff. The others not so much. at least for me

Attachments

• 1970 Chevelle photos 4-22-18 012.JPG
    1970 Chevelle photos 4-22-18 012.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 40
I find myself always going back to Collinite 845.
I put it on the whole van/suv and then remove.
I hate doing patches at a time.

Sometime 476s - - If I am in a patchy mood.

P21S its expensive and hard to remove, but it makes a vehicle shine better than any was ive ever used.

Well tried the NEW Meguiars Ultimate Paste wax vs the older version. Despite the AD hype on media and on the box it DID NOT last any longer than the old version on a vehicle stored outside with good paint in Fl. Got about 3 months longevity and we are just heating up. Anyone else have similar results? Back to FK1000!
I live in Miami, store our vehicles outdoors and couldn't agree more. Nothing I've used (wax, synthetic wax, ceramics etc) has lasted longer than 3 months. This past weekend I used Nu Finish after decades of leaving it behind. Initial results are excellent but we'll see about longevity.
20220521_173525.jpg

I live in Miami, store our vehicles outdoors and couldn't agree more. Nothing I've used (wax, synthetic wax, ceramics etc) has lasted longer than 3 months. This past weekend I used Nu Finish after decades of leaving it behind. Initial results are excellent but we'll see about longevity.View attachment 101247
FK1000 last long outside in the Florida sun!

I live in Miami, store our vehicles outdoors and couldn't agree more. Nothing I've used (wax, synthetic wax, ceramics etc) has lasted longer than 3 months. This past weekend I used Nu Finish after decades of leaving it behind. Initial results are excellent but we'll see about longevity.View attachment 101247
I come back to Nu Finish occasionally (as i have a bottle of it from long time ago) after spending money on other product to try. I find Nu Finish easy to apply and the 'look' is good, like your picture.
What i notice with Nu Finish is water tends to sheet off, not bead. I want water to sheet off so easier to hand dry and less water spots if car gets caught in the rain and left to dry naturally. Water beading is highly over-rated imo but it seems people like to see the effect of their waxes, labors etc with beading. Or they are brain washed with all this talk about beading showing whether the product works or not.

Please let us know about longevity.

cheers

Back