Meguiars Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax

How does this not scratch the paint?

Maybe I’m an idiot or something but I find that soap, two buckets and microfibre annihilates the paint. It even scratches all the plastic lights.

I think I would have had better results with a sponge, but I’m looking into rinseless now because the traditional method produces massive scratching.

Maybe I’m an idiot or something but I find that soap, two buckets and microfibre annihilates the paint. It even scratches all the plastic lights.

I think I would have had better results with a sponge, but I’m looking into rinseless now because the traditional method produces massive scratching.
You're doing something wrong for sure.

You should check your towels first. The microfiber may have contaminant residues that are causing the scratches. What kind of soap are you using?

The car looks great afterwards, but in certain light angles you can see it. Its all clean and all commercial products for car washing. Using too much pressure will make it worse, which I may be using since I wash my car 2 or 3 times a year and it has a lot of buildup when I do.

However, from my research microfiber and wash mits will just drag the dirt across your paint. Soap doesn't have much lubricant properties to stop the scratches. Sponges are better in that respect since they will trap the dirt inside, and not on the surface. I may experiment with them to see if I get better results.

Nevertheless I don't see traditional washing as an easy method to avoid scratches. The time required for rinse less is supposed to be a fraction of the time as well.

I've used waterless washes since 2004. Some worked better than others but no problems with any of them. The best was Wet Paint but it is no longer in production.

The Rinseless wash products are great and have their place. With good technique you can get great results (often better than traditional), even with moderately dirty cars.

I'm not exactly sure at what point you'd want to do a traditional bucket wash, but I'm thinking a heavily dirty vehicle you'd want to do a pre-soak first, then follow up with RW.

I've used the Megs, Griot's, ONR, Feynlab and Ech20 products. They all worked well. The Ech20 is the oddball in this group as it behaves more like a high gloss detailer, which is what it is. The gloss is impressive. It also works as a rinseless wash too. ONR has the best encapsulation of the bunch (zwitterionic). Always read great things about Wolfgang just haven't tried it. Feynlab is excellent too with the highest cleaning ability of the bunch. It's like a Carpro Reset of RW's.

Are you talking about wet paint glaze? I just checked and they’re still around ( at least their website is).
Yes, but the owner/inventor was a victim of Covid. All remaining inventory has been sold. Supposedly the new owner will produce it again but that hasn't happened yet. The new owner requested the site be left intact for now. It makes no sense to me...

Back