Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you have to wait for it dry to haze before wiping off. If that's the case, I'll just use the regular NXT wax if the time and effort need to consume is almost the same.

Anyway, I regularly use the UQD after wiping the dirt and dust using California duster every other day with great results.

I know/think the UQW will not last as long as a paste wax but I think I'll give it a try. I have no shade to wax the car in. Glad you can use the Duster, after reading all the instructions I was never able to get it to not leave wax streaks.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Not correct, it is spray on and wipe off.

From meguiarsonline.com : http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28577"

"The secret to applying Ultimate Quik
Wax
Apply to clean vehicle
First you need to start with a clean car, you can either wash and dry the car or wipe the car clean using a mist and wipe product like Quik Detailer or Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Use a dampened microfiber polishing cloth or wax applicator pad
Next you mist Ultimate Quik Wax onto the surface and spread the product around using a clean, plush microfiber polishing cloth folded 4-ways, or a clean wax applicator pad and here's the secret, before starting first dampen your microfiber polishing cloth or wax applicator pad with Ultimate Quik Wax.

Apply to entire vehicle
Start at one section of the vehicle and continue applying Ultimate Quik Wax using your dampened applicator pad or dampened microfiber polishing cloth until the entire car is covered with a thin coating of wax.

Allow the thin coating of Ultimate Quik Wax to flash dry.
In normal temperatures and humidity, Ultimate Quik Wax will dry in just a few moments and will be ready to wipe off.

Follow your path of travel
Wipe off the dried wax by starting where you first applied the product and then follow your path of travel gently and carefully wiping the dried residue off the paint. Use a separate, clean dry microfiber polishing cloth folded 4 ways to remove the dried film of wax. Using a microfiber polishing cloth folded 4-ways provides a thick plush wiping cloth that helps to spread the pressure of your hand out over the surface of the cloth and gives you 8 sides to wipe with.

The secret explained
The reason a dampened cloth or applicator pad works best is because it's easier to spread out a thin liquid film if your applicator cloth is already wet or damp with the product you're trying to spread out.

If you use a dry cloth to try to spread out a thin, liquid film then at the same time you're trying to spread the product onto the surface the dry cloth is trying to remove or absorb the product off the paint.

Because a dry cloth absorbs liquids, trying to use a dry cloth to spread a liquid will in essence result in you fighting yourself in the process of trying to spread and leave a liquid on the paint.

That's the secret or the correct technique for making it easy to apply a thin coating of a spray-on wax."

Last edited:
you can use it both ways.

I have only used it as spray on, wipe off.

Mike Phillips recommends using it that way. If I am going to wipe it on like a paste or liquid wax and let it haze, *I* am going to use a paste or liquid wax.

It is a great product though, smells good. Wipes off easily. Amazingly smooth finish afterwards, great beading action.

Not to be used in place of a real wax, just a booster between real wax sessions, and NOT to be used as a quick detailer. The vehicle needs to be freshly washed and dried.

Now why would someone go to all of that trouble to apply a spray wax? That's about as silly as it gets when the majority of the ads tout "just spray on, wipe off or do the hole car in ten minutes". I don't doubt that is the best way but only one in one million would go to that trouble with a spray product. Here are more instructions for the same product -"Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax is never tough to buff. Just spray it on and wipe to a brilliant shine. Flip the towel for a final buff. That’s it!"
I'll stick with Optimum Spray Wax myself.....spray on & wipe until it disappears.....and it actually contains carnauba.

Meguiars says it can be applied to a car regardless of the car surface temperature and in direct sun. This sounds good for me because I have no shade to apply a paste wax in. I know it won't be as good as Klasse.

Originally Posted By: Islandvic
try Optimum Spray Wax.

I buy it by the gallon when on sale

Excellent product, it is also spray on, wipe off

I have a gallon of it sitting in my closet at this very moment.

I like the optimum and the meguiars ultimate... The meguiars is easier to apply and doesn't leave a single streak on the car, while the optimum lasts a little longer. I like the meguiar's shine better though and it's easier to go buy when I need some. Great beading action too!

How does Mother's FX SYNWAX fair? I had opted for the Mother's gold caranuba spray wax, but could only find their FX SYNWAX version. Both can be used as stand alone waxes, and is very resistant to heat. I use the mothers gold paste formula quite often, but their fx spray wax seems to really shine things up on my black explorer! Is the fx really up their on otc waxes. Also does this spray have cleaner additives, or is it just a pure synthetic wax forumla? I usually use spray wax every 2 days, depending on rainy weather, and paste wax every 2-3 weeks. Mothers gold carnuba is really good stuff. Thanks in advance!!!!
Originally Posted By: roushstage2
I got to test it before it came out, and now have a bottle of it to use. Works great not only on the paint, but on trim as well!

Mothers FX Spray Wax is a pure synthetic product that does not contain cleaners. It is intended to be applied to fairly clean paint. It adds gloss, beading, and slickness that lasts for several washes for some time. For the price, it is a good deal than the numerous cleaning type non-OTC boutique detailers such as Optimum's gloss enhancing detailer that have short lived results.

Duragloss AW is a good choice if you can get it locally. Z8 is the best spray sealant but is a bit more pricey.

I have FX Synwax in both liquid and spray versions. I like its bright, glossy finish. Looks like a good polymer sealant to my eye.

FX was developed for the tuner crowd who like a little extra bling. FX is one of my favorite OTC waxes.

It has nice qualities for an otc wax/sealant/polish. It really gets embeddded into the paint. One could observe this as it is being applied. The shine is spectacular! I use Mother's Caranuba Gold paste wax, however, I initally start off with DG 101 and or 105, then I follow up with DG pure polish/sealant (forgot the number), after which (upon DG curing for 24 hours or so) I begin applying Mothers gold pure caranuba paste. My boosters waxes are usually a combo of Mothers FX spray wax, and the new Turtle wax One Step Caranuba. The Turtle wax one step, is like apply windex, its so simple! I really get out those water spots too! Thanks for the responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back