Meguiars NXT Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, I just bought a new car and I used the new Meguiars NXT 2.0 wax on it and it seems really nice to put on and take off. Safe for clearcoat too. Hasn't rained yet so don't know how well it will bead but I bet it is good. Seems to be a polymer coating so it last for a while here in the rainy months of winter. I hope so. Anybody else used this product? Be safe out there...........

Maybe I got a bad can of it but I have found it to be REALLY hard to remove. I always make it nice and thin and do it in the shade too.

I put it on in partial sun and shade and it went & off really easy. it is so slippery now, feels good to the touch. seems to be a good product so far. Only time will tell...

I cant rest anything on my cars except flat spots after I'm done, it leaves a nice shine, and the price is good too.

I used it and it does have a nice shine, found it easy to use but durability and protection seemed to be lacking compared to waxes that may be a little harder to find but are well worth it like collinite 845. I had a black car though, they are a pain to keep looking great.

Good stuff. Use it exclusively on my Corvette every two or three months.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago, there was a short documentary (it think it was the discovery channel)about SIMONIZ-LIQUID-DIAMOND being a finish that protects for several years, (I think it was 4 or 5 years but I can't remember for sure). Anyhow the documentary said it really does work.

Bought a Buffer & am using what I have left of liquid NXT 2.0. It always has felt greasy, like it has Crisco Shortening in it...
lol.gif

Will have a new bottle of Surf City Garage liquid wax for the Buffer in a couple days. LOVE their paste wax. Can't wait!

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I used it and it does have a nice shine, found it easy to use but durability and protection seemed to be lacking compared to waxes that may be a little harder to find but are well worth it like collinite 845. I had a black car though, they are a pain to keep looking great.

Duragloss, Zaino, and Klasse all make longer lasting and better looking products as well IMO...

I agree that it does look nice and is easy on & off. In my uses of it durability was severely lacking so I gave it away. This was the 2.0, the original formula was awful. It also darkened the paint muting the flake instead of accentuating it. Didn't work well for me.

I used NXT on my Dodge the first time I waxed it. It was easy to get off, looked good, but didn't last. Thanks to this site I know about DG 105 and Collinite and will never go back. Honestly after prep work 476 came off just as easy and man it looks great and still holding strong.

Originally Posted By: chevman4life
Thanks to this site I know about DG 105 and Collinite and will never go back. Honestly after prep work 476 came off just as easy and man it looks great and still holding strong.

thumbsup2.gif
Love me some DG 105 (and 501), it's really too bad that NXT 2.0 isn't more durable because it looks darn good. Last time I applied it to a 240z, it lasted 2 weeks, that's pretty pathetic.

It's easy on/easy off. Smells good. Looks OK. Darkens paint some. Durability is lacking, and it still stains black trim. My bottle has been sitting on the shelf for 5+ years. I only use it on mowers and metal screen doors now. It's best use for me so far, has been the source of a better cap for my bottle of IW845
smile.gif
(I swapped caps).

The "successor" (or latest product) to NXT is the Ultimate line. Both do go on and off easy and create a decent shine. The durability is 2-3 months max on average, however. But beings it is easy to use, I guess that makes up for it. I just choose to use other products that shine just as well or better and last longer. However, when recommending an easy to use wax to inexperienced friends - I always recommend Ultimate, NXT or the cleaner-Wax by Meguire's.

Last edited:
The Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax from their Mirror Glaze line is a better product for me.

It's a blend of synth & carnauba, which gives a better shine in my opinion, goes on and off easier, and won't stain trim.

Also looks awesome on dark-colored vehicles - especially black.

I actually preferred the original NXT to the 2.0. I thought it had a better shine.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
The Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax from their Mirror Glaze line is a better product for me.

It's a blend of synth & carnauba, which gives a better shine in my opinion, goes on and off easier, and won't stain trim.

Also looks awesome on dark-colored vehicles - especially black.

I actually preferred the original NXT to the 2.0. I thought it had a better shine.

Good point about good old #26! That, combined with #7 Glaze used to my go to system 20+ years ago...and that combo still works well today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back