Meguiar's NXT 2.0, Mother Ultimate/Meg 26 combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering, if the aforementioned combos of Meg NXT 2.0 (PASTE), Mother's Ultimate Carnuba (phase 3 paste), and Meguiar's Hi Yellow Carnuba #26 in liquid form, all in the following order, in layers be used without a chemical reaction to the paint? I of course would clean/polish/seal the paint with a Duragloss 101 or 105. However, if the paint has been cleaned for the year, then the incorporation of DG 111 POLISH/PAINT Sealant would be sufficient enough. What say you? I would also use Turtle wax one step carbnuba spray wax as a in between waxes and or washes paint maintenance applicator. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Major overkill for no benefit in my opinion. NXT is a sealant not a wax in spite of the name. After a thorough cleaning DG #105 will do all you want and then some. You can top it with a carnauba if desired 24 hours later. Correctly done it should be wash, clay, wash, machine polish, seal/wax. If you have no machine obviously you can't machine polish but you can still clay prior to #105. I haven't used anything from Turtle Wax since the 60's so I can't comment on their spray wax. Optimum is my spray wax of choice.

To answer your first question, you will not have a chemical reaction with the paint.

But, you are using way too many redundant products.

The steps are:
1. clean paint - clay and use a paint cleaner. 101 is a cleaner/wax
2. Seal (often pure synthetic) - NXT, 105 or 111
3. Optional LSP (usually a carnauba)- Mothers or M26
4 Maintain - DG AW or the turtle wax

It sounds like you have a lot of products and just want to use them all. If you are going to all this work, you may be better off just to rewax every 8 weeks

I know of the redundancy, however (ack'd/realize DG 101/105=paint cleaners), I only do the DG 101 or 105 application about once a year or thereabouts. The DG 111 may get applied about every 6 weeks or so. It doesn't have any buildip factors, so my paint doesn't get crowded and or over layered. But I must tell you, upon applying one coat of Meg NXT 2.0, Meg #26, and then topping it off with Mother's Ultimate in paste, the shine is deeper, than just Meg 26 and DG alone!!! I do about 1000 miles per week 99% of which is hwy, so I need my paint to protected. Theshine is out of this world!!! Meg NXT paste, is absolutely amazing!!! I applied simple light applications and I use a nice micro cloth to remove the haze. The water just beads and stays. Thanks!

1993 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition (all black) original paint 160,000 plus original miles.

The shine has much more depth, than just DG 105, and Meg 26!! Its extremely glossy!!! It is very glossy, to the point that all of the reflections off of the truck are extremely clear and concise. The paint doesn't exhibit the overdone and or heavy greasy streaky look, believe me. Its a solid clean gloss, and in the sun, its spectacular!! The truck is in the sun most all of the time, thats another reason for my series of applications. Thanks!!

I can't stand NXT. Goes on easy enough, but does not last long at all.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Are you talking about the original NXT or version 2.0? I agree that the original version is only good for about 3 weeks, but the 2.0 is definitely good for a lot longer. When I first started using 2.0 I noticed that even after a few months of winter driving, with the harsh salt all over my paint, the finish still felt slippery and was beading water nicely.

Originally Posted By: Patman

Are you talking about the original NXT or version 2.0? I agree that the original version is only good for about 3 weeks, but the 2.0 is definitely good for a lot longer. When I first started using 2.0 I noticed that even after a few months of winter driving, with the harsh salt all over my paint, the finish still felt slippery and was beading water nicely.

I agree with Patman 100%. 2.0 lasts me through the winter no problem. Old version didn't last long. like he said about 3 weeks for old version.

Ya got me there. I was referring to the original. I haven't tried 2.0 yet - but hey seeing that you guys say it's improved I might give the new version a try.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Then why did you ask? Do whatever suits you!
I was just looking for general feed back on the aforementioned products.

Ya got me there. I was referring to the original. I haven't tried 2.0 yet - but hey seeing that you guys say it's improved I might give the new version a try.

Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back