McAfee Free Anti Virus With Optimum Online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the McAfee Anti Virus Free for customers with Optimum online is any good? It's not the free version it's paid by McAfee.

I also have Malwarebytes...
Someone said cc cleaner is good also anyone know anything about cc cleaner? I don't really have anything on my computers anyway and i use my wife's Office computers for all the banking because they are very secure.

McAfee is probably one of the [censored] AV/AM software out there when compared to the other well known names.
Seems like the Intel purchase didnt help at all.
If you are paying for software then i'd suggest Kaspersky or Bitdefender.

Originally Posted By: Noobie
McAfee is probably one of the [censored] AV/AM software out there when compared to the other well known names.
Seems like the Intel purchase didnt help at all.
If you are paying for software then i'd suggest Kaspersky or Bitdefender.

+1, I'd also add Bullguard to his suggestion.

McAfee will slow down your machine terribly. I have a dual quad-core Xeon rig at home with 64GB of RAM and it was noticeably slower after I installed McAfee. Go with something else.

Its not a Free version its a security suite but having opt. online i get it free and yes i know it does slow things down.. My wife had Avast at her office but got rid of that quick because of security issues according to her IP protection service.. She now uses something they offer. This is my home network and nothing here is so important but i still want it safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back