Mazda6 spec 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
CATERHAM corrected above your post, the price of $3/qt is for 5W20 and 0W20 syn blend is more than $5/qt. If you can find Honda 0W20 for less than $5/qt then it is the lowest price so far.

yes. Online is cheap. I can buy Honda Synthetic Blend Genuine 5w-20 for $3.65 a quart. Shipping is already included..

My local honda dealer charge $5.12 a quart for Castrol Syn Blend.

In my opinion, Honda Genuine oil is cheaper and better.

Good to know about the Mazda 6. Now I want to see what the Mazda 5 says. So I saw on the Mazda Canada site that 0w20 synthetic was available. The poster happens to have a picture of the Mazda 2.

Anyhow, phoned my dealership to see how much for the 0w20 oil. Service write was quick to tell me that only the Mazda 2 calls for such oil and there is no way you could use that in the 5 (which calls for 5w20). I tried to argue about the use of 0w20 synthetic in place of 5w20 but he wasn't going for it. He told me that people who study oil knows best. So I gave up on that discussion, but I hope to see a Mazda 6, 5, or whatever in the showroom with the 0w20 on the fill cap.

Same service write told me the auto transmission doesn't have a drain plug...which it does.

If I want 0w20 amsoil in that car at the dealership, I'll just have to put it in a 5w20 bottle for fun. Or simply do it myself.

Keep in mind that if you go to the voa section, you will see the voa for Motorcraft syn blend 5-20 and then the Honda version and alas they are so close getting involved further than going to Walmart, might be a waste of gas or time or both. The $14 price for Motorcraft is $2.80 a qt. Plus you get to see all the sights in Walmart which you would never see anywhere else.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: moto94536
check out this website too.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/pilmaint06.html

Where do I find the HTHS for all Amsoil oils? I see it listed for certain Amsoil oils, but not all.

I was comparing general synthetics between 0w20 and 5w20. Of course they are all not made the same.

My 2009 Mazda 6 3.7L calls for 5w-20 but I'm running M1 0w-20AFE now.... oh no that's gonna grenade my engine! Better pull it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back