Mazda tops Consumer Reports for first time.

I'd love to see their new Skyactiv-D engine in the CX-9. We'd probably go buy one today if it came with the diesel.

I believe that engine will not come here. Their timing on that was poor. I would love to see the Skyactiv X engine here. The straight six version would be something. It is anyone’s guess if that will eventually get here or not.

I've been heavily involved with Mazda since 1986 when I bought my 5spd 626 DX. A few months later my girlfriend bought a 626 LX. In 1989 my mother bought a 89 626 LX. Mine went to 2006 and 375,000 miles. In 2004 when looking at cars to take it's place the choice was between the 2004 Mazda 3 and Ford Focus ZTS. Ford won with a great rebate and it turned out to be an excellent choice as I still have it. In 2009 I was gifted a 5spd. 626 LX Hatchback which I have still at 200,000 miles. I bought my wife a 2018 Mazda 3 that had a $23,000 sticker and got it for $18,100 including tax and license.

Almost forgot that my wife got the 2018 Mazda 3 because someone stole our really nice 90 626 LX. Auto but I liked that car and had rebuilt much of it under the skin. Easy cars to work on.

Last edited:
Mazda Dealerships are few and far between. I went to one once but they also sold Buick. Not sure I ever saw a standalone Mazda dealership.

Mazda Dealerships are few and far between. I went to one once but they also sold Buick. Not sure I ever saw a standalone Mazda dealership.
The one I bought the 2018 from is a standalone in Concord, CA. When I bought my 86 it was also a standalone dealer in Oakland.

Back