Mazda dealer refused to change transmission fluid

Why won't they change it? We do it all the time. Its just 4 quarts of FZ. I stock tons of the stuff.
Sounds like he went to a single dealership, asked, they said "no", and he walked out. You will already know this but from a video I found (for a 2016 - is it different ?), it has a dipstick and a drain plug. Also, the owner's manual tells owners what ATF to use and how much. Can't imagine why they'd need to know if they don't need to do anything with it....

Should I find another shop that would at least drain the pan and fill it up with new fluid?
Yes

If it’s the 6F35 which the 2.5s use, there is a drain plug on the bottom of the case, and the filter is non-serviceable. IF you have a dipstick, you can easily do the service yourself. Jack it up, pull the drain plug, measure the fluid removed, and replace it. Then verify on dipstick. Then, disconnect both battery terminals (or use the trans logic reset mode on ForScan if you have it) for 15-20 mins to reset the PCM. It’s the shift logic you want to relearn. New fluid only partially improved my shifting, but the fluid plus the PCM made a 90k mile trans shift like brand new.

If you don’t have a dipstick it’s harder because there’s a tiny little stub and it’s a PITA for the average person. Maybe try taking it to a Ford dealer since they essentially use the same stuff?

I don't know why it's such a pain to find a dealership that will do what you ask them to do. It wasn't until my third phone call that I found a dealership that was willing to drop the pan and change the filter along with the fluid on my Canyon. Keep calling until you reach someone sensible. Of course these places want you to leave the fluid in for lifetime, because they rather replace a transmission than the fluid.

What a ridiculous dealership. If there's a problem, they need to diagnose it especially if you're under warranty. Usually that entails changing the fluid, I'm willing to bet Mazda would tell them to do it. Go to another dealership. It might not even be the fluid, maybe the tranny has problems. Sounds like they are not willing to help.

If its still on warranty they are hopeful that you won't change it and then after the warranty is over the transmission will take a dump, then they get to make some $ on the now broke car. Start naming the dealership and tell others to stay away from them.

What a totally ignorant dealership. There's no fluid on the face of this planet that lasts forever. I would've told them, "Ok, so when this tranny goes south, you'll be replacing it for free? Because you said it's "lifetime".
Scumbags reply- warranty does not apply to standard wear parts.
(Which is true for bulbs, brakes, wipers. )
IMHO, carmakers are hoping people will jump on ev fast, so they don't have to deal warranties on dino cars.

If it’s the 6F35 which the 2.5s use, there is a drain plug on the bottom of the case, and the filter is non-serviceable. IF you have a dipstick, you can easily do the service yourself. Jack it up, pull the drain plug, measure the fluid removed, and replace it. Then verify on dipstick. Then, disconnect both battery terminals (or use the trans logic reset mode on ForScan if you have it) for 15-20 mins to reset the PCM. It’s the shift logic you want to relearn. New fluid only partially improved my shifting, but the fluid plus the PCM made a 90k mile trans shift like brand new.

If you don’t have a dipstick it’s harder because there’s a tiny little stub and it’s a PITA for the average person. Maybe try taking it to a Ford dealer since they essentially use the same stuff?
yeah I only unplugged the negative terminal on the battery and left it like that overnight. I should've probably removed both positive and negative, I dont have much knowledge in ECU resets. I watch a video of Scotty Kilmer on youtube and said you have to touch the negative and positive cables together to drain all power left in the system, is this true?

It's not necessary to remove both terminal connections. One or the other accomplishes the same thing. Touching the cables together, pressing the brake pedal (only has to be enough to trigger the brake light switch), turning on headlights, etc will drain any "stored" energy in capacitors (in modules, various electronics, etc).

From online HYUNDAI owners manuals . ACCENT guide . Mind boggling 🤪 .

IMG_8388.JPG

What a totally ignorant dealership. There's no fluid on the face of this planet that lasts forever. I would've told them, "Ok, so when this tranny goes south, you'll be replacing it for free? Because you said it's "lifetime".
Ask them which "lifetime" they are talking about... they will tell you the "lifetime" of the transmission!

Back