Mazda CX 5 Is This Overfilled Enough To Be Concerned About ?

It is well known that the 2019 Mazda CX 5 owners manual for the 2.5L turbo engine shows an incorrect oil capacity at 5.1 quarts with an oil filter replacement. Adding a 5 quart jug for an oil & filter change will only bring the oil up to halfway between the low and high dots on the dipstick and in order to fill to the max level dot on the dipstick it actually takes 5.5 quarts.

I wasn't careful in adding that extra half quart and may have added 2-3 ounces too much. Is this oil level on the dipstick enough to be concerned with that I should try and remove a few ounces ?View attachment 57501
Nothing to worry about.

PXL_20210517_195651525.jpg

My car for reference
I know it's exactly 10oz overfull, because that's exactly the size of the bottle of Liqui Moly Mos2 that I put in with a 5qt jug of M1EPHM

One could theoretically upsize the filter to make a difference, but that's really grasping for straws

Don't sweat it, there's more important things to fret about

I like to keep my vehicle's oil levels at the uppermost mark to allow for any oil burning, I have had new cars burn a quart in the first 5000 miles and then gradually reduce oil consumption to near zero but that took almost 30,000 miles. This was the third oil change on my Mazda at the 10,000 mile mark and so far it has only burned about 1/4 quart per 3000 miles and appears to be settling down now that the engine is well broken in.
So I'm not comfortable just filling to the halfway point between low and high, I like more margin of error.

Back