MaxLife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it ok to use Valvoline Max Life in engines with under 75,000 miles? 12.99 for 5quarts with a Purolator oil filter at PepBoys

Valvoline says it's perfectly fine: http://valvoline.com/faqs/motor-oil/high-mileage-motor-oil/63

"Do I have to wait until my car reaches 75,000 miles before I can use MaxLife?

Valvoline MaxLife motor oil is designed for high mileage vehicles of 75,000 miles or more. However, it is perfectly acceptable for use in new or used vehicles with less than 75,000 miles."

Are you specifically looking for a semi-synthetic oil? Pepboys has Valvoline conventional with a Purolator filter for $10 after rebate as well

You can use it... It's just designed for car engines that have aged a bit, but it will certainly do no harm.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: mrfish
Is it ok to use Valvoline Max Life in engines with under 75,000 miles? 12.99 for 5quarts with a Purolator oil filter at PepBoys

Valvoline warrants MaxLife blend and full synthetic MaxLife for new engines and rebuilt engines.

Compared to the regular oil, MaxLife has a heavier base oil, higher HTHS, is thicker, higher 40C and 100C cSt, more antiwear additives, more antioxidants, and maybe more or more effective seal conditioners. I do not know if they actually have more seal conditioners or are drawing more attention to the seal conditioners they already have. They will not say and Mobil 1 will not say concerning their HM oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back