Max Life ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to this...I have an '04 Tacoma 3.4L Automatic that I have been using Maxlife ATF in for over 2yrs, starting at around 50k or so. I now have 90k, truck shifts flawlessly...but, am I using an ATF I shouldn't be??

Truck calls for T-TIV, which seems to be somewhat universal.

Maxlife is an excellent universal multi-vehicle ATF that can even be used when the vehicle is brand new.

If your tranny shifts fine with it, keep using it.

Originally Posted By: Ramblin Fever
To add to this...I have an '04 Tacoma 3.4L Automatic that I have been using Maxlife ATF in for over 2yrs, starting at around 50k or so. I now have 90k, truck shifts flawlessly...but, am I using an ATF I shouldn't be??

Truck calls for T-TIV, which seems to be somewhat universal.

So you've done 5 drain and refills with Maxlife? (I read in another thread that you do drain and refills every 10k)

How does it shift compared to T-IV?

Shifts are very similar to when it had the T-IV Toyota fluid in it; but the Maxlife is spec'd for it.

This truck is not the same truck as quoted in the other thread, and this one hasn't seen the same rough duties on occasion, I generally hit it's intervals at around 15k miles or so.

We bought it with 35k and it now has 90k; our first fluid swap was around 40k miles or so.

Originally Posted By: thinking
Thanks for the help guys. The reason I asked about Maxlife is that I work for a division of Valvoline, and work with/for them. Max Atf is good stuff, but was just curious as to what you guys have experienced with other fluids other than WS. Like I originally said- I have cheap access to Max ATF and Dex VI.

My truck is an 05 Tacoma and has 75K on it. It doesn't reccomend changing untill 100K under "normal driving." I consider myself to not do "normal" driving. So what the heck might as well do it.

BTW, some of parts of my job give me the ability to visit the Valvoline lab a few times a year when they "showcase" their stuff. Amazing lab, and people working there.

the 05's say not to change the ATF until 100k??? wow... you have T4 correct?? i have an 02 and i have used maxlife atf and like it.. i did switch to amsoil universal bc you do not want to skimp on atf.. plus it covers Dex3 dex6 and T4..

Just FYI, Amsoil ATF no longer covers DEX VI. The new product, ATL now covers that spec along with Toyota WS,Mercon LV&SP. It just came out not too long ago and is available today! Although you might have the earlier formulation that did spec Dex VI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
Just FYI, Amsoil ATF no longer covers DEX VI. The new product, ATL now covers that spec along with Toyota WS,Mercon LV&SP. It just came out not too long ago and is available today! Although you might have the earlier formulation that did spec Dex VI.

yeah.. sucks they switched.. i was liking the old amsoil universal.. she shifts so smooth

Originally Posted By: mikeg5

yeah.. sucks they switched.. i was liking the old amsoil universal.. she shifts so smooth

There were no changes to the formulations aside from viscosity.

I realize this. Amsoil has removed the Dex VI spec from the ATF as the higher viscosity is no longer in range for the Dex VI, which if I remember, has a cap of about 6.5

Originally Posted By: The Critic

yes its different.. they yanked the dex6 label from it

Originally Posted By: The Critic

yes its different.. they yanked the dex6 label from it

Yes, that's because the ATL version now meets the viscosity requirements.

If you look on the Amsoil Onevoice sheet, it clearly states that the only differences between the ATL and the ATF are viscosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back