MASSEY-FERGUSON GC2400

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Anybody here have one?
I have a 2012 model and I'm mowing with it as my zt is down waiting on parts. I bought it new but never used it much.
Got a few questions...
Anybody?

I wish I had a need for one of those. Miss having a tractor. I grew up riding something green like this;

images

Is it made in South Korea like the majority of modern small diesel tractors?
I own 5 acres and need one. I've been looking at Holland, RK and Bobcat.

Who actually makes the Massey-Ferguson GC2400?

IMG_1182.JPG
IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG

My buddy recently acquired a 1955 M-F from another friend(RIP). This thing runs and is a beast. He will restore it in the future. And as with everything vintage that he restores('61 & '63 Vette, '64-'65 BMW Motorcycles, '59 Harley), it'll look incredible.

I have a GC1720 which is about the same as a GC2400. I don’t mow with it but use the heck out of it for blowing snow and loader work. It’s been a good machine.

The basic tractor is made by Iseki in Japan and the rest of the tractor; loader support frame, loader and backhoe is a hodgepodge of USA and China parts.

If you have questions, the tractorbynet forums are your best bet.

Head on over here. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/
Sign up , hit the Massey section and all will be revealed. Ask away. They will happily tell you what they found with theirs. A site called TRACTOR HOUSE gives most of the details specs and such. At least with a 2012 model you don’t be saddled with dealing with the Tier 4 pollution gear which can be a major expensive hassle.
I’ve got a 2014 1736 model now with 700 hours. No real issues with the Mitsubishi engine on mine.

Is it made in South Korea like the majority of modern small diesel tractors?
I own 5 acres and need one. I've been looking at Holland, RK and Bobcat.

Who actually makes the Massey-Ferguson GC2400?
Most of the sub compacts are made in SK. The quality is very similar between brands. I would go with whichever one has the closest dealer to you so parts and any warranty work are easier to obtain.

Reactions: JTK
Compact utility tractors are so useful.

I had a huge ancient oak tree topple over in my front yard last month. My brother an I were able to clear the limbs and clean it up so we could use the driveway. I paid a couple of fellas to cut and haul away the 40 feet that remained that was 36"+ in diameter for most of it. Where I'm going with this is, they had a small New Holland compact utility tractor that was the same size/configuration as the MF GC2400. I couldn't believe how strong that little bugger was. I kind of laughed at it at first, thinking no way. The guys were cutting 4-5ft sections and using the FIL to load them onto a trailer. It would scoop up and haul some serious weight for it's size.

Sure looks like you don't use it much. Looks brand-new for 10yrs old! The discharge chute cover isn't even beat up or gone on the mower.

Is it a Chinese engine?

Back