Marvel Ultimate Fuel and Motor Treatment

It’s a hole in your wallet is what it is.

There are higher-quality alternatives that cost slightly more but because they use the proper chemicals, do a better job at what they claim. For fuel additives you want PEA, and for oil additives you want ANs & esters.
What does AN stand for? And what are some oil additives that use AN and esters? Thanks.

Nothing wrong with it just isn't going to do much very quickly. I still occasionally use MMO in the fuel as a gentle cleaner.

However, yes there are other products that will do things much faster and I haven't used MMO in the oil for a very long time.

Saw it on Amazon while looking for old fashioned MMO. What is this stuff? Thanks.
From my research Lubrizol makes it for them and it now contains a form of P.E.A.

P.E.A. was originally patented by Chevron in 1973 and Techron was their original P.E.A. containing fuel system cleaners and dispersants. There are like over 100 variations of P.E.A.

Basically, P.E.A. is a reacted product of PIB's and various amines.

I think I would trust Techron over the new MMO in terms of P.E.A. content.

From my research Lubrizol makes it for them and it now contains a form of P.E.A.

P.E.A. was originally patented by Chevron in 1973 and Techron was their original P.E.A. containing fuel system cleaners and dispersants. There are like over 100 variations of P.E.A.

Basically, P.E.A. is a reacted product of PIB's and various amines.

I think I would trust Techron over the new MMO in terms of P.E.A. content.

Out of curiosity, what sort of % or PEA would you want to see in such an additive?

Out of curiosity, what sort of % or PEA would you want to see in such an additive?
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and while I won't speak for him I'm sure the percentage that you're looking for like the red line fuel system cleaner or the max clean from Royal purple. definitely the fuel system cleaners are probably going to have a higher content than say fuel injector cleaners. I don't know if the percentage is so much important as being consistent to use it on a regular basis. there might be a few fuel stations that have it in their fuel but the parts per million are so low that you would still probably occasionally need to use a fuel additive that has a much higher concentration. I'm sure if you do a search you can find the discussions on the percentage rates. there's a lot of good brands out there so I would just go through and see what you're looking for. some of them will have upper cylinder lubrication abilities also as well as ethanol barriers which if that was your big concern like storage then you would probably want to use that with non-ethanol fuel if possible.

Back