March 2021 Global EV numbers.

I'd get an electric, if it wouldn't cost me $5,000 just to install a charger in my space in my building's basement parking garage.

Where is my hydrogen-powed car that I can fill up at a fuel station in a few minutes?
I paid $600, including tip, to install a NEMA 14-50 in my garage. 60' of #6 copper wire was almost $200.
A union electrician did it in his spare time. Make sure your service panel has space and capacity.

Starting every day with a full tank is a great way to go!

I'd get an electric, if it wouldn't cost me $5,000 just to install a charger in my space in my building's basement parking garage.

Where is my hydrogen-powed car that I can fill up at a fuel station in a few minutes?

You can get the hydrogen power car, you just find fuel for it many places.

I remember back in the late 90s when I was in college, the department were trying to come up with hydrogen fuel cell cars because they believe battery will not be price competitive for a long time, and hydrogen as a storage of energy (it is not an energy source because you have to either crack it from NG or use electricity to crack the water) is cheaper.

In 2021 we have gotten to the point where fuel cell is not worth pursuing, unless you want to have nuclear plant that generates heat for the cracking process, as a side effect of a nuclear movement, as a hidden agenda of a nuclear weapon program. I'll stop here before it gets political, and you can see why only the Japanese are pursuing hydrogen fuel cell cars.

Elon Musk was right calling Hydrogen fuel cell stupid.

Back