Marathon Petroleum Company LLC to Offer Gasolines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read or heard of this offer?

Marathon Petroleum Company LLC to Offer Gasolines at Marathon(R) Branded Locations Formulated With STP(R) Branded Additives

Yeah there is a station in Mckeesport near my campus and I just saw that today. Are stp gas additives any good or is it the same weak junk in the bottles at wallyworld?

Makes sense... Especially since this Top Tier [censored] came out.
Now, other retailers are figuring a way out to advertise and beat or at the least, compete with Top Tier marketing.

I'm running the STP/Marathon stuff in my van. I picked-up a propaganda flyer from inside the store and it was amazingly honest. Their claim is "twice the legal minimum detergent level." They make all sorts of claims about how their gas can PREVENT build-up on valves (as compared to the legal minimum), but also clearly state that it will not clean dirtly valves, nor provide any other advantages other than those that would result in PREVENTING build-up.

In my area, Marathon is nearly always the cheapest gas. My take on the marketing is that they want to be able to say "and our gas has a little more than the minumum requiments" or "we know that its cheap, but it's not because we are skimping too much".

Doesn't anyone else have those pumps at WalMart that allow you to select Gumout or something like that to add in while you pump?

well I guess we know who supplies the STP product to STP now
Afton, but they also supply other refiners so I guess all is good unless it costs more than 1-2 cents gallon.
sounds like top tier for the lesser brands.
bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back