Manual Porsche 911 GT3 Deemed Too Loud in California, You Can't Buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
autoevolution: Manual Porsche 911 GT3 Deemed Too Loud in California, You Can't Buy it.

You should hear some of the muscle cars around here. I like a nice aftermarket exhaust note but some of the guys around here take it to an extreme.

This is kind of a weird circumstance. The rule has been in place for nearly 40 years, Porsche has had a hundred cars pass it before, but California had plans to change it. So Porsche made the exhaust meet the new criteria, but the changes were never implemented because of uhh, certain happenings in the world the last year. So, kind of a fail 🤣

The beautiful Harleys areound here make that Porsche sound like an EV.
Not to mention the Mustangs... Or the deafaning boom-boom car stereos.

I think you need to hear a GT3 RS at 9000 RPM's You would change your mind, I guarantee it!

They are Race cars, not really meant to drive on the street. They will beat every other Porsche on the track even though they don't have a turbo charger and they are 2 wheel drive.

If you go to the dealer to buy one, they will tell you No! You can't have one...The new ones are not available yet and you have to order them. they are limited so you will have to throw down 50/100k for the Dealer to even consider ordering you one. Once you order it, you can't back out of the contract, the dealer will keep your money.

We will sell you a GT2 Turbo though. We have those in stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back