Mannol Diesel Ester Additive

It's anecdote time folks!

We had VW Golf with the 1.6TDiCR engine come in as a trade-in with a misfire. Diag'd by another garage with an injector fault.

I thought I'd try this new additive in it. The car had about 3/4 of a tank of fuel and they say to use 1ml per litre of fuel but you know what it's like, I chucked 150ml in.

Did a few checks, topped up the oil etc then had to load the car up with fuel cans and hand over to a few customers.

Anyway, long story short. When I came out to drive to the fuel station the misfire had gone. I've now covered 50miles in it and the engine light is out and still no misfire.

Might be worth a try!

I've been using Archoil 6900D-Max in my BMW as I have a company fuel card and have to purchase supermarket (usually Tesco) fuel.

Maybe I'll give this stuff a try when the bottle is empty!

Its not a diesel additive I have heard of. But I am in the USA. I have switched to using Mobil branded diesel in my PSD. And maybe some Stanadyne additive every other tank. The Mobil diesel has some Mobil proprietary diesel additives.

Lubricity is a big deal with diesel fuel.

I've been using Archoil 6900D-Max in my BMW as I have a company fuel card and have to purchase supermarket (usually Tesco) fuel.

Maybe I'll give this stuff a try when the bottle is empty!
They also do PAO/Ester oil that goes in your zim zimmer!

I don't work for them, I'm just surprised ;)

Hi Lads.
FWIW i try to run Shell V-Power Diesel in my Jeep. Failing that, i use the Millers Diesel Power Ecomax. Engine runs sweet as a nut.

2%/5% biodiesel blend, mandated here at a minimum in several provinces/states.

A good thing, as opposed to E10, but that’s a whole other can of worms. 🤣
We have plenty of coking and injector issues with our EN590 fuel here.

another Archoil AR6900 D-Max user here. Using it since I bought the car new - so no issues to cure, just prevention (Injectors, high pressure pump, EGR).

Yes, Biodiesel in terms of lubricity is a good thing - it has its own other issues (bacteria growth for example) but in terms of lubricity its a good thing. Where I am we are at B7 levels atm. I think B10 is coming in the near future.

Never experienced any injector coking and fouling over the last 2 decades that I've been driving Diesels (Mercedes, VW, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Peugeot). Use quality Diesel and either a quality addtive that used every tank - or a stronger additive at servicing intervals. Also I've never had any horrible high pressure fuel pump issues. I hade one leaking through old seals, but that's it. Never had any catastrophic damage.

2 stroke oil is another thing what a lot of people do if you read on the forums - but I stick to Additives made for Diesel, those DPF's and SCR cats are insanely expensive -so no experiments for me there. But I've seen the factory installed glow plugs of an 2005 VW 3.0 TDI Common Rail whose owner apparently used 2 stroke oil with diesel - they were exceptionally clean after 150.000 miles and came out effortlessly.

That Mannol ester additive looks interesting, pricing is very competitive!

Last edited:
Mine arrived last week. I have a tank or two's left of the Archoil before I start this.

Things to note, this stuff seems to be totally different to the Archoil 6900-D I've been using. It's more viscous than the 6900-D Max, and seems to be more 'slippery' when rubbed between my fingers. The Archoil has a water like consistency, this is more like a very thin oil. The 6900 D-Max has a strong chemical smell, the Mannol additive smells like a sweet alcohol. The smell is actually quite plesant.

I've decanted mine into a twin neck measuring bottle for easy dosing.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 84
Right, so I started using the Mannol Diesel Ester additive about 2 weeks ago, I started using Liquimoly Ceratec at the same time which voids any feelings I have towards Mannol Diesel Ester additive if I'm honest.

What I will say is 500 miles in and I haven't noticed any change at all. The engine is extremly well insulated from the cabin though, so I suspect any changes would be hard to notice.

Hi.
Is this the BMW you are referring to? Do you use standard diesel or the 'super' diesels like v-power? I was just wondering if the Mannol additive would show different results if used in supermarket fuel or not.

Hi.
Is this the BMW you are referring to? Do you use standard diesel or the 'super' diesels like v-power? I was just wondering if the Mannol additive would show different results if used in supermarket fuel or not.

I have a company fuel card so it only gets Tesco diesel. That's my main reason for using small doses of additives with every tank.

The Dacia and the Land Rover both get BP Ultimate.

Back