Mannol 7707 A5/B5 5w30

Just found Mannol 7707 Ester based syntetic oil for a really good price and bought me some jugs of it to try it when the Mobil Delvac A5/B5 is rest ordered since a long time.
Sounds a little to good to be true to get an fully syntetic ester based oil for so little money compared to the HC oils i use to run.
Mannol 7707 O.E.M
Any toughts about this oil ?

I dont know about this particular blend but at least Mannol have a few OEM approvals such as VW504 & MB 229.51 which is always a good start. And they are competitively priced.

I doubt there is much ester content in the 7707, it will likely be a grp III based oil with a small % ester added.

This oil is at least 80 % Group IV/V (it has to be because it´s called Fully Synthetic in Germany), most likely PAO with some ester added for seal shrinkage etc. These are made in Lithuania by SCT-Lubricants, and seem like pretty solid oils. I just went through a 20 l jug of "DIESEL TDI". 10W-40 7501 "CLASSIC" seems like a good oil and I´ve ordered two 5 l cans for my older Diesel motorhome. It´s Group III as it says HC Synthese on the package. It´s the first European oil of this viscosity which isn´t mineral or synthetic blend I´ve ever seen.

You can manually change the product number to get a TDS for all but their newest oils.

I keep looking at Mannol stuff as they do seem to be very well priced!

I did try their Mannol Diesel Ester additive with no ill effects. It was in a new-ish car that I'd been using Archoil 6900D-Max in since day one. Couldn't tell any difference between the two additives. I will say, when I tried Dipetane the car did run a little tiny bit more coarse than usual and certainly didn't seem as 'eager' but I take this with a pinch of salt as my butt dyno isn't particularly accurate, but I am very sensitive to NVH.

This oil is at least 80 % Group IV/V (it has to be because it´s called Fully Synthetic in Germany), most likely PAO with some ester added for seal shrinkage etc. These are made in Lithuania by SCT-Lubricants, and seem like pretty solid oils. I just went through a 20 l jug of "DIESEL TDI". 10W-40 7501 "CLASSIC" seems like a good oil and I´ve ordered two 5 l cans for my older Diesel motorhome. It´s Group III as it says HC Synthese on the package. It´s the first European oil of this viscosity which isn´t mineral or synthetic blend I´ve ever seen.

You can manually change the product number to get a TDS for all but their newest oils.
Those are interesting pour points for a majority PAO oil, especially the first one. It's also listed as a "semi-synthetic" on their website, how can that be?

Are you suggesting they might not be 'full/majority PAO'? :unsure:
Well like I added later, the website lists that first one as a semi-synthetic. How is that possible?

We've had some threads in the past on Mannol and there have been posts form people a lot more knowledgeable than me that describe their claims as dubious.

Well like I added later, the website lists that first one as a semi-synthetic. How is that possible?

The first one (7501) is advertised as 'HC Synth' which I believe is what Germans call Group III oils? It also doesn't carry the 'SCT Ester' logo which they put on their more 'up market' oils.

The first one (7501) is advertised as 'HC Synth' which I believe is what Germans call Group III oils? It also doesn't carry the 'SCT Ester' logo which they put on their more 'up market' oils.
Ahh yes, an abbreviation of HC synthese. I knew that didn't look right but I couldn't remember the correct term.

Sorry I was off on that then. Hydrocracked Group III base it is. Carry on :oops:

Mannol 7707 O.E.M.

Same site, in German:

Innovatives, energiesparendes, esterhaltiges, synthetisches Premium-Motorenöl, speziell entwickelt für moderne Dieselmotoren und eine Reihe von Benzinmotoren in FORD- und VOLVO-Fahrzeugen, unter Berücksichtigung der Anforderungen für den Schwerlastbetrieb und verlängerte Ölwechselintervalle. Das Öl kann in Benzin- und Dieselmotoren europäischer und asiatischer Automobilhersteller verwendet werden, die Öle gemäß API SN und ACEA A5/B5 benötigen.

Same site, in English:

Innovative energy-saving ester-containing fully synthetic premium engine oil specially developed for modern diesel engines and a number of petrol engines in FORD and VOLVO vehicles, considering the requirements for heavy-duty operation and extended engine oil change intervals. The oil can be used in petrol and diesel engines of European and Asian car manufacturers requiring API SN and ACEA A5/B5 oils.

So I think it's settled and it's Group III.

They do have some products, which they specifically market as PAO/ester in any language. For example Legend Extra 0W-30, Legend+Ester 0W-40 and Energy Combi LL 5W-30.

Last edited:
Back