Mann Oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mez

I bought a 2003 A6 with the 3.0 engine. I see that Mann oil filter are OEM. Who sells Mann filters locally or what mfg of filters do you recommend? Thanks

I buy a half-dozen Mann filters at a time when ever I mail order parts for one of the family fleet European cars. Otherwise, I get a Wix at the local parts house. Use any top quality brand of filter listed for your engine.

Originally Posted By: mez
I bought a 2003 A6 with the 3.0 engine. I see that Mann oil filter are OEM. Who sells Mann filters locally or what mfg of filters do you recommend? Thanks

Take a look in a Purolator box, you may find a Mann filter inside. Purolator is co-owned by Mann-Hummel and Bosch, and they often simply repackage a Mann filter under the Purolator label. They've also been known to repackage a Hengst filter as a Purolator. I've picked up both brands, at a nice price, in those Purolator boxes.

Cheers

I like Wix filters, but they are just too dang expensive for the german cars or other foreign makes, probably because they outsource most of those part numbers. The Wix ones will be make in Poland or wherever their current source is. Most Mann filters are made in Germany or Mexico. Amsoil sells then for a reasonable price now as do some of the online euro parts houses. I'll PM you some links.

I quit buying Purolators for german cars when I bought one for a diesel beetle and it would not fit. I had to open up the middle hole in the felt ring slightly to get it to fit. It was made in India-no thanks! Their QC is a [censored] at best.

I just bought a Mann filter from a German Auto Parts store down the street from me. I was suprised when I opened it up and saw "Made In China" on the filter.
frown.gif

The filter is still heavy and well contructed though.

001-15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back