Mann MW-75

I ride a BMW K1600 motorcycle, and am looking for a better filter than OEM. It appears that Mahle OC306 (OEM) and Mann are all that’s available. Looking at the Mann specs here

Do you see any reason why I couldn’t use an Amsoil Ea15K53, assuming I have the required length available for it to physically fit?

Would the Amsoil be a superior filter than the others?

I ride a BMW K1600 motorcycle, and am looking for a better filter than OEM. It appears that Mahle OC306 (OEM) and Mann are all that’s available. Looking at the Mann specs here

Do you see any reason why I couldn’t use an Amsoil Ea15K53, assuming I have the required length available for it to physically fit?

Would the Amsoil be a superior filter than the others?
I can not speak to the Amsoil filter, but the following cross reference to the OEM filter. Champion COF064, Hiflo HF164, and the K&N KN164.

Supposedly the OEM BMW filter (Mahle OC306), has a bypass valve rated at 32psi.
The Amsoil is only 11-17psi. Sure seems like a high pressure on the OEM. Guess I’ll stick with it…

So would I be asking for trouble using the Amsoil filter (11-17psi Bypass), when the OEM filter is 32psi?
The cam chain tensioner on my bike is hydraulic, if that makes a difference.

So would I be asking for trouble using the Amsoil filter (11-17psi Bypass), when the OEM filter is 32psi?
The cam chain tensioner on my bike is hydraulic, if that makes a difference.
Where did you hear that the OEM has a 32psi bypass valve? I have looked and can not find any info on its bypass pressure relief rating.

Where did you hear that the OEM has a 32psi bypass valve? I have looked and can not find any info on its bypass pressure relief rating.
I emailed them…

Hello:

Thank you for your interest in MAHLE product. The current bypass pressure I have OC306 is 230 kPa. Please let me know if you need anything else. Have a great rest of the day.

Kind regards,

Chad Stepanian
MAHLE Aftermarket Inc.
(MPFND)

23030 MAHLE Drive, Farmington Hills, Michigan 48335 USA
Phone: +1 248 347-9740
Mobile: +1 248 949 6051
[email protected], http://www.mahle-aftermarket.com

Mahle OC-306 is the OEM filter (rebadged BMW filter)

Back