Is this an old Mann oil filter?

bought an oil filter (Mann HU 6019 z) for my car from an online store. there is a mark on the lid that says "2004". does that mean i just had been stiffed by buying a 16 year old filter?

see the images here:

This looks like regular cellulose media, so I would advise against usage. IF it was a microglass/fleece media filter (In use in some applications due to extended drain intervals) I would state otherwise.

Do you have a picture of the side of the filter? So we can see the media? :)

2004 could mean the 20th week of 2004 or the 4th week of 2020

The date code is probably more specific than just the year.

All depends how it was stored. It looks usable to me. I've run a 20 year old PureOne filter on my Chrysler and after I open it up, no tears no rust no problems.

Looking at the application guide on Manns website for that filter, it doesnt fit any vehicle built before 2013. Highly doubt that Mann had that filter sitting on a shelf for 9 years before a car that used it rolled off the assembly line

Looking at the application guide on Manns website for that filter, it doesnt fit any vehicle built before 2013. Highly doubt that Mann had that filter sitting on a shelf for 9 years before a car that used it rolled off the assembly line

yes it doesn't make sense that this filter can be from year 2004. more probably it is a 2020/april production. anyway i fired up an email to mann about this. hopefully they'll reply.

anyway i fired up an email to mann about this. hopefully they'll reply.

finally mann turkey replied:

h4efwoL.png

in short: 2004 is not the year but it is 2020/04

phew 😌

Back