Mandated gas pump stickers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Illinois, there will also be a year-long grocery tax decrease, going from 1% to zero percent. Grocery stores have to post signage or print on receipts the tax has been lowered, but there’s no penalty for non compliance, however....

There is a fine on gas pumps! The fine would be $500 a day, PER PUMP, for non-compliance. The sticker must read "As of July 1, 2022, the State of Illinois has suspended the inflation adjustment to the motor fuel tax through December 31, 2022. The price on this pump should reflect the suspension of the tax increase."

All this over 2-3 cents of increase.....

There is no mention of Pritzker, democrats, or specific policy. The signs are simply a notice that the inflation adjustment for the gas tax will be suspended from July 1 to December 31 of this year. Can't get more simple than black text on a white background.

But WHAT IS THE POINT when you got 10 cent increases seemly everyday! The only thing I can think of, is an conspiracy to cover the "I did that" stickers.

This reminds me of the signs at city borders reading about how they got some emergency grant money 20+ years ago and are making the city better through "project impact", "project leg-up", or "project jump-start."

Here in Illinois, there will also be a year-long grocery tax decrease, going from 1% to zero percent. Grocery stores have to post signage or print on receipts the tax has been lowered, but there’s no penalty for non compliance, however....

There is a fine on gas pumps! The fine would be $500 a day, PER PUMP, for non-compliance. The sticker must read "As of July 1, 2022, the State of Illinois has suspended the inflation adjustment to the motor fuel tax through December 31, 2022. The price on this pump should reflect the suspension of the tax increase."

All this over 2-3 cents of increase.....

There is no mention of Pritzker, democrats, or specific policy. The signs are simply a notice that the inflation adjustment for the gas tax will be suspended from July 1 to December 31 of this year. Can't get more simple than black text on a white background.

But WHAT IS THE POINT when you got 10 cent increases seemly everyday! The only thing I can think of, is an conspiracy to cover the "I did that" stickers.

Those are amazing.

I can tell you.. I like them and have seen some good ones.

That's all I'll say. It's not really good for.. talking about.

I don't like grocery or fast food taxes. They need to be abolished...😳
Here those stickers we can't talk about must be illegal...lol
They don't stay on the pump long as the stores peel them off daily.

That said...great post.

That paragraph will likely get this thread locked 😂

Haha ! I missed that one ! That's pretty off the wall too. Politics aside, that's criminal. Don't put stupid stickers on other people's property.
I was taught growing up that those in office deserved a certain amount of respect whether you agreed with what they did or what side they were on. Especially the highest office. Doesn't seem to be much respect for anyone with an opposing view and everything is a trigger for a tirade now.

I was taught growing up that those in office deserved a certain amount of respect
Well, IMO, respect is earned and being elected doesn't automatically "earn" anything in my book. That said, the stickers in question, stickers for a music group, a peace symbol sticker, pink-ribbon for breast cancer, etc are no different.

It's the office that gets the respect, not the man. The same holds true for police, military ranks, etc. You don't have to like a cop but you do need to respect the laws that are written. You don't have to like your commander in the military but you do have to respect the rank on his/her collar. Best action is to show respect to what the individual represents and disregard the individual. It just makes life simpler.

With that being said, I just filled up my vehicle this afternoon and someone had placed the "I Did That" stickers on the pump. It was just someone making humor of a horrible situation. We're coming upon the mid-term elections and now's the time voice your opinion. Do it at the ballot box and not on somebody else's property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back