Man from U.N.C.L.E. Trailer released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I also loved it, being fans of the first two seasons of the original. I also liked the attention to detail- Hawker Sea Hawks on the flight deck of the Royal Navy carrier, cars of the correct vintage in Rome... The film nailed the Sixties Vibe perfectly- and I know; I was there...

Originally Posted By: MCompact
My wife and I also loved it, being fans of the first two seasons of the original. I also liked the attention to detail- Hawker Sea Hawks on the flight deck of the Royal Navy carrier, cars of the correct vintage in Rome... The film nailed the Sixties Vibe perfectly- and I know; I was there...

It did occur to me that Cavill's hair as Solo was a little long for 1963. In '68, sure; everybody was doing the long sideburns and thicker hair then; but not in the JFK days. And someone I know complained that the word "gazillion" used by the villainess was wrong, too -- people said "a million" or maybe "a billion," but I don't think "gazillion" had entered popular culture yet.

But those are tiny tiny quibbles. The film is so much better than we had any right to hope, after seeing what modern Hollywood has done to other Sixties and Seventies TV shows. "The Addams Family" worked well, but most of the others -- meh.

This is a new U.N.C.L.E. for a new generation. Take people to see it! We want a sequel!

I finally went and saw it. While not as horrible as Guy Ritichie's Holmes movies, UNCLE turned for me into a snoozefest around midpoint when I had trouble keeping my peepers open. I liked the sets and the look of the movie, and the humor was alright. Bizarre was an apparently turboed Trabant with it's 18 hp 2 stroke 2 cylider polluter chasing and catching up with a Wartburg with a 50 hp 3cylinder 2 stroker. Both cars could go from 0-60 in under 4 seconds and had a top speed of about 120 mph. The window crank needed oil.

Went to see it this weekend also- was an entertaining movie. One that I'd definitely watch again, and one that I hope has a sequel.

I love the unflappable nature of Solo... and his the dry humor.

Thanks again Benzadmiral for starting this thread and capturing my interest!

The word is that the movie has done a little better than break even -- but that it's being held over for a 5th week in more than a few places. It may turn out to be a sleeper. If you want a sequel, join the mail campaign: Kevin Tsujihara, CEO, Warner Brothers, 4000 Warner Blvd, Burbank, CA 91522. (Remember how a letter campaign helped to save Star Trek for another season!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back